Telephone / internet suspension of service?

We are looking at the pros / cons of getting UK TV via the internet following the recent changes. Our house is south of Pau and we visit 4-5 times per year. To date we have survived without a fixed phone, and even the internet!

Looking at the French Telecom / Orange website we note that you can suspend the phone service to 2nd homes to avoid the monthly standing charge. We recall you could do the same with their internet service but cannot see any reference, unless we have missed it - which is definitely possible. Is it possible to suspend both?

Any advice regarding other phone / internet providers, including costs, problems etc would be appreciated.

Hi

I have used Orange for 18 years and am very happy with their service I have always assumed the telephone and internet could be disconnected for certain periods for Swallows

Ring 09 69 36 39 00 its France telecom/ Orange English helpline and they will deal with breakdowns /queries last time I spoke there was a brilliant Scotsman who dealt with my problem Also that was regarding internet speed for UK TV which I now rely on

Steve S.west of Pau

I'm fairly sure it used to be the case that you could suspend the BB service but had to return the equipment each time, not exactly convenient.

Not sure what the situation is now but it stands to reason that if you subscribe to a 'sans engement' deal and they supply a router you would have to return it when you cancelled. You might be able to use your own but wouldn't then benefit from any VoIP service which might be included.

Here is a crap translation of one of Orange's pages give them a ring

sitemap lexicon

offers and options

low broadband deals

low-speed options

support services

the Holiday Service

PDFprint outsendsize lessplus sizeReturn to the list of issues

You go on vacation and already think with regret Internet package that you can consume during your absence? Lower your rate plan, you automatically receive rental service.

This service offers you the possibility to suspend for free during the month (s) you want your Internet package. However, you can always connect at any time, at a single price of € 3 TTC / time to check your email, weather your vacation, etc.. At the end of this month suspension, you find the fare conditions of your initial subscription.

Going on holiday from 1st to August 31st Requesting activation of the holiday service before July 20, you hang it your billing Low Flow package during your months of absence. If you still connect Aug. 15, for example, you will be charged at 3 € TTC / hour.

Effective September 1, your billing Low Flow resume package. As subscription Low Flow, suspended Options will also be reactivated. You do not pay what you do not eat.

the rental service and your other options and services

The rental service is included in your package and low bandwidth can be used 3 times per year maximum. The suspension fits for a minimum full calendar month. A calendar month must elapse between two suspensions billing. Activation service vacation will automatically result in suspension of nightlife options and rollover minutes if you had subscribed. In addition, the instructions on the previous month minutes activating the service will be available holiday month reactivation Low Flow package. As for Anti-virus options, Mail Anti-virus, parental control, they will of course remain active during the month suspension of your low bandwidth package to ensure the protection of your computer, monitoring the navigation of your children and receive emails via SMS.

how to activate the holiday service?

To activate the rental service and suspend billing for your low bandwidth package, please contact the Internet customers.

At the end of your suspension period, you pass automatically under your Low Rate Initial subscription.

Service activation holiday must be made mandatory before the 20th of the month preceding your month suspended. A confirmation message will be sent to your inbox Master letters.

your invoice with the Holiday Service

You do not pay:

- Your subscription (s) month suspension (s).

- Options: nightlife and rollover minutes (s) month suspension (s).

But you pay:

- Your consumption in the previous month.

- Your Options unsprung.

- Your connections during the month of suspension if it took place.

Are you satisfied with the information provided on this page?

You could certainly do it two years ago but you need to calculate the charges for suspending, especially 4 or 5 times a year. If I remember correctly you had to give 15 days notice for suspension and reconnection of internet.