Freebox troubles

My 2nd generation vanilla Freebox has worked fine for 18 months, but now it's gone flaky.

Seemingly every morning I look at it, I find the dreaded snake is, erm - well - snaking around the little display. re-booting it gives it the will to progress to 'PPP', or sometimes PPP+snaking, but often it takes 20 minutes or so to restore the time display and therefore the connection. Anyone else having trouble with this? 

The Freebox phone goes off, of course, but the FT phone signal remains unaffected.

paul

It has happened a few times over the years but not so regularly as yours, my PSU failed once and it was flaky before it finally died, I powered it from a car battery whilst I awaited a replacement and it worked fine and has continued to do so since.

Surprisingly the cheapest and easiest way to get a replacement was from Free themselves, you can find it within your rubrique.

PSU failure especially the plug transformer type is the biggest cause of breakdown on modern electronic Equipment, its Worth you having a spare anyway

You might be able to substitute your Freebox HD PSU to test, its 3.5 amp rather than the 1.5 amp of the Freebox ADSL.

Good luck, post what happens when you solve the problem.

Right. I'll keep an eye on the PSU, it may well be the culprit.

In fact, I now have so many items in my studio/office/computer room which need a 12v supply (and the transformer plugs of which are too bulky to sit side-by-side in multi pattress), that I'm thinking of building a 12v bus of about 30A to feed them all from!

paul