Nuisance phone calls

Hi All,

We seem to be getting a rash of calls from someone asian - sounding over last couple of days. We have been stringing them along today to try and get them to stop. The call is supposed to be about a problem with windows, we presume they will eventually ask for info on our system. The woman this morning would not give up, but did eventually pass the phone to a guy, but even he gave up and rang off after we left the phone on the table!!

Not sure if there is any scam on who pays for the calls, anyone have any ideas please?

Johnnyboy.

Have a read of this

Apart from personal abuse to the perpetrators I have sometimes said " computer? what computer? How can I have a problem with my computer, I don't have one".

Or on one occasion I pretended to go along with them and say I was doing what they were telling me.... this went on for about 30 minutes ( I was bored at the time)... they were expecting to get control of my PC and couldn't understand why they couldn't see my machine attached to their system... I kept saying I couldn't understand it either.... I then gave them some verbal abuse.

I, too, had a similar call yesterday. It threw the caller a bit when I answered the phone with Bonjour. He went straight into English and said that he thought we had a problem with our computer. I answered by saying: What computer - I don't have a computer.

He immediately put the phone down. He spoke with an american accent.

We had a lot of this earlier in the summer and they are back again this week. It is a scam and they try to get bank details etc

I either say that we have a Mac (true) or I pretend to be French and say "Je dois ouvrir les fenêtres?"

Or swear.

Any of the above gets rid of them, but it is a complete pain.

I do wonder how they get the number though; we are not in the phone book.

I had one of these phone calls a year back my lovely wife was so fed up she handed the phone to me in the garden I just held the phone to the lawnmower exhaust and using a few expletives over the din suggested he went elsewhere and multiplied

He rang me back and said it was a bad line, I could not believe it

A year back! _ Lucky you.

I get on average 5 a day and now there is at least 2 a day on my mobile as well.

I have yet to have my first today which is very very rare.

Genuine calls are probably 2 or 3 a week.

The problem has got much worse since I created a web site for the business with both numbers on it.