Anyone gone to Yosemite yet?

I have downloaded the 5.4 gig FREE upgrade but have yet to do the upgrade. I'm still not sure as to do an upgrade or a clean install. The clean should get rid of loads of rubbish [:-))] but is more involved.

When I went from Mountain Lion to Mavericks I did our iMac as an upgrade and the MacBook as a clean because I chucked a bigger HDD in it at the same time so a clean was needed.

Any ideas folks??

Oh, sorry if you M/saft folks don't have any ideas [:-))][6][6][B]

Nowt worse than a bleedin convert init [8-|]

v8???

Wos-at??

It's version 8 - a recent upgrade that applies to Mac, iPad and iPhone. Huge bug issues that as far as I can see from this week's (3rd?) fix, has sorted them out.

I upgraded to Yosemite operating system on my Mac as soon as it came out, and thankfully, haven't experienced any issues.

Ignorance may well be a sort of bliss, but owning a Mac is the real thing [8-|][8-|][8-|]

And I ain't talking dirty raincoats eiver [:-))]

After I bought myself an iMac, an iPad, and iPod and an iPhone I decided I could afford a special present for SWMBO so iI bought her an iRon. The doc said that when the swelling goes down I should be able t see OK again?

• 2 weeks later...
Well. After having been told that our Wacom bluetooth graphics pad isn't going to work with Yosemite and then finding that out not very old Canonscan scanner doesn't work either I have taken the oppertunity t upgrade the HDD in our iMac to a 2 Tb SSHD and when it arrives I will be going back to being a Mavericks user. I will use Carbon Copy Cloner to dump our last backup, which was taken just before the Yosé upgrade and that should just be a job of hitting a button, booting from CCC and reloading everything back onto the new disk, OS and all the aplications and data..[8-|][B]

Please !!!!!

Well, I just upgraded to Yosemite (overnight download via satellite internet) about 10 days ago and everything is OK.  Like you I did a Carbon Copy Clone of my Mavericks system first, to be sure. Everything is now working including my new Wacom Manga tablet (USB). I had trouble at first with the new iPhoto not recognising my old iPhoto library, but I sorted that after a lot of Googling and cursing. Apart from that I haven't found anything that doesn't work, touch wood. I'm really glad I recently upgraded by elderly iMac from 2Gb to 6Gb memory so I could move to Snow Leopard.  From there it was a straight upgrade to Mavericks and now to Yosemite and my machine feels almost brand new.  You could try VueScan 2 for your scanner.  I think you can try before you buy. It works for me on my HP Photosmart which never worked before.

Voilà !!

I will keep the upgrade USB key I have, but I will go ahead and drop back to Mavericks. I know that everything operates fine on there and I will wait until have got their donkey (or should that be a s s ) in gear. They seen to have upset a lot of pro photographers if the Mac forum I'm on is owt to go by, because their Wacom kit isn't working properly if at all.

Hmmm... Apple might be losing some of its shine.  Not good to mess up pro photographers.  I'm new to tablets so not totally aware of how it should work.  We'll see!  You're wise to revert back - better to be safe than sorry.  Hope it goes OK and that the donkey gets its act together soon.