Lost half our TV channels in Perigord

Having just come back to our house after a 3 month absence, we have found we have lost BBC1,BBC2HD, ITV and half our other channels. We have BBC2, BBC news, ITV+1 and several others.

We have 2 Humax boxes running off a quad LNB. The problem is the same on both Humax boxes. Looking at the reception meter on our Humax boxes we have a 100% signal on the channels we can get and 0% on the lost channels.

Please can anybody help

Many thanks for any replies

Keith,

The reason I asked about entering your post code is because if it didn't ask you to do so then you have not done a Factory Reset just a reset so it won't have scanned properly. If you have the chance you could always take one of the boxes to a fellow Brits house who has UK TV via satallite at least you will know if it is the box or cable, LNB and/or dish. As Crabtree says the Humax Forum is another good place to look. Don't try and think to 'Techie', normally these things can be quite simple.

Have just talked to friend who suggested could be a vertical/horizontal transponder problem. Having looked at a list it does appear I can receive all the horizontal channels and none of the vertical channels.

Not being technical, does this mean it is a LNB problem? Does it need replacing? Or do I need to re-align it?

Many thanks for replies

Keith

Depends on the signal quality of those that do work. If they are steady at 'Good' or 'Very Good' then you're probably ok with alignment. If you replace the LNB all you need to align is the skew. Use a plumbob and protractor and measure the angle of the old one before you remove it then set the new one to the same angle.