That speed is rather slow and you may well suffer a lot of buffering. You may get a better connection by not using Wi-Fi and using an Ethernet connection, this solved my problem. If your router is too far away from your set you could consider using an Ethernet connection via you mains.

Baz

[quote user="idun"]I have no idea about this, but I did read this today.

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/security/118471-dont-talk-in-front-of-your-smart-tv-it-may-be-listening.html
[/quote]

Its been around on the news for a while now and we are talking Samsung which uses coice activated commands. Its a bit like the one about if you have a computer with a camera people are watchng you. Samsung has offered a fix, turn the feature off in the setup menu, you will then have to use the remote. The new Netflix box could have the same problem as could a couple of other devices not to mention every tablet, mobile phone and computer.

If you think about it of course the TV is listening all the time, it has to else the voice activated commands would not work.

[quote user="Baz"]That speed is rather slow and you may well suffer a lot of buffering. You may get a better connection by not using Wi-Fi and using an Ethernet connection, this solved my problem. If your router is too far away from your set you could consider using an Ethernet connection via you mains. Baz[/quote]

WiFi is just like any other radio device, it's not the strength thats important but the quality of the signal. I had the same problem with my Humax box and your solution worked for me but then the WiFi signal went through two walls and there is about 30m between the WiFi and the Humax. If you have an Android device there is a free analyzer you can download which can give you loads of information on your WiFi signal, channel number etc but most importantly strength and quality.

I've got the smart hub working, but still need to pair my samsung galaxy tab 3 with the smart tv,I have a feeling this will not be easy. Also we can't seem to browse the web via IE, chrome or any other web browser as everything appears via you tube. I guess I'll spend far too many hours trying to suss it all out.

[quote user="Rabbie"]Joni, try googling for "android wifi analyser". It gave me a lot of hits which look OK[/quote]

I think he is an apple and pears man so it won't be much good to him. Some of the apps are not free, it is much better to use Play Store on your Android device coz you can see whats free at a glance.

[quote user="Jonzjob"]Shame it won't pair with my TomTom though, the Moto G that is. SWMBOs old likkle Nokia does though..
[/quote]

It should do, indeed most bluetooth phones should even those not on the TomTom list. The only issues that you may come across is not being able to send SMS messages via te TomTom although I can't imagine why you would want to do that (more dangerous than simply using a phone) and not being able to download the contacts list into the TomTom. You might try deleting the profiles on both devices and try to pair again. Typically the code should be 0000 for pairing. I use my TomTom all the time on trips over 30 minutes just for the hands free capability.

Tried that Q. The TomTom shows up as paired on the phone but no indication of the Moto G on our TomT! There is no profile to delete on the TomT

I had deleted SWMBOs phone before trying to pair my Moto but still nowt. I then paired SWMBOs phone again with no problems!