My Freebox is on the blink: it works (just) wired, but not wirelessly, and - more importantly - no dial tone. So it needs exchanging, but when I log in to my Free account page I seem to get stuck in a loop of 'advice' pages, but not able to progress beyond that. Anyone able to post me a link to the actual reporting page, or (as a last resort)  a phone number?

p

I see what you mean, looks like they are going the way of others and discouraging contact, I found how to get my identifiant and code d'accès for the hotline but nowhere will they give you the number [:P].

I know the Customer service number was printed somewhere in the manuals but I cant see it now I look, a web search revealed this: http://www.free.fr/adsl/informations/nous-contacter.html

which gives the number 3244 which is what I have used in the past.

I think this is down to that they justify the extra €3 per month for the later Freeboxes because the abonnement contains "physical support"  so I reckon they have withdrawn it from the rest of us.

Before you phone them which will probably mean them making you pay more to upgrade to the Freebox revolution it will pay to see if the fault is actually the transformer, very common and very easy/cheap to replace, I ran mine off a car battery and it proved the transfo was to blame, it was only about €10 to replace from the Free boutique including delivery and arrived very quickly.

If your problem is with the Freebox HD (the television box) make sure it isnt overheating, mine lost its wifi and would reboot constantly after I placed a Skybox beneath it, its working fine again now its in another location.

[quote user="Gyn_Paul"]My Freebox is on the blink: it works (just) wired, but not wirelessly, and - more importantly - no dial tone. So it needs exchanging... [/quote]

Forgive me if you have already done this ... but have you unplugged the box, waited a minute then plugged it back in ? Often this wakes up an errant box - providing there is not a problem such as Chancer describes.

Sue

No. The miracle is that it works in any way at all. During the high winds recently the wind blew rain under the tiles in the loft/office/studio. whereupon the water ran down the inside of the foil insulation and dribbled down the face of the purlins and dripped onto the desk. all in all not much - hardly more than a tablespoon full -  yet it was precisely placed to run in through the vent hole on the top of the Freebox, and directly onto the circuit board.  At least some part of the circuits are fried and died, so no amount of  taking-the-mains-out-of-the-back is likely to help, I'm afraid (it's already running on one of my own, more robust 12v PSUs).

Pity as the wireless range of this box is MUCH improved on the v1 box they routinely replaced last year.

p