I noticed a payment from my CA account to Amazon.fr for 41 euro and the bank said it could not be rejected , cancelled or challenged

I must of clicked on the wrong button by mistake when I ordered something a while ago on Amazon and apparently I'm signed up to Premium,  whatever that is ? I did not sign up to anything deliberately

It does not seem to give me free delivery because I've ordered things since and I've paid delivery charges

My Bank said Amazon are doing this all the time now and I'm one of many to complain

How do I cancel it for next year because the Bank said it would just keep being taken annually

Thanks for any help,  John

[quote user="John Brown"]My Bank said Amazon are doing this all the time now and I'm one of many to complain

How do I cancel it for next year because the Bank said it would just keep being taken annually

[/quote]

Your bank cannot act as it is not them who have set this up.

Go into your Amazon account; say you did not mean to sign up to prime/premium and you want to cancel it. If you also ask for your money back then they should credit your bank account.

Sue

Yes, I got caught like this last month on French Amazon, but it is easy to cancel.

Go to the section marked your account and there is another heading there marked your Amazon Prime account. Click on this and there is a cancellation option. Keep the cancellation email.

This link may be useful although it isn't based on Amazon France.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/digital-home/how-cancel-amazon-prime-get-refund-3598161/

Note... You will only get a refund if you haven't used any of the Prime benefits/services.

I  only use the Amazon UK site but I think Amazon are very devious in the way they make the Prime option selecting by mistake.

At every order you have to take the ordering process very methodically at not get sucked in.

Although I use Amazon still I try more and more to avoid them.

Thanks for all your help.

Managed to cancel it on-line

Got email confirming its cancelled and they are refunding the fee. GREAT RESULT.

Still think they are underhand the way they offer it with a single "click"

Thanks again to everyone

John

They have been offering this service via a free home trial for years. It is easy to decline the offer. Surely it is up to the customer to read before clicking. If people did so, they would see what the implications are for the free trial and cancel before the payment becomes due. What is the old phrase? Caveat emptor?

[quote user="Thibault"]They have been offering this service via a free home trial for years. It is easy to decline the offer. Surely it is up to the customer to read before clicking. If people did so, they would see what the implications are for the free trial and cancel before the payment becomes due. What is the old phrase? Caveat emptor?[/quote]

Bit difficult if your using the French website and you can't read French. [;-)]

We have just had exactly the same experience this week, a 49€ unauthorised payment to Amazon on a credit card, when we hadn't bought anything. Wanting to find out what was going on we did a bit of internet research and found many sites dedicated to this, an awful lot of people have had unauthorised payments taken by Amazon as their ' annual subscription' to Amazon Premium. We rang the bank who told us they are getting more and more calls about this. It's all very well saying 'surely it is up to the customer to read before clicking' but surely it's up to Amazon to sort out this rather devious method of relieving people of 49€. It was easily sorted by going onto the Amazon site and cancelling the subscription, the whole amount was refunded to our bank today.

After cancelling I immediately received an email from Amazon confirming the cancellation. It's strange that they didn't send me a 'welcome to Amazon Prime' email when I allegedly signed up for it a month ago.......do you think they were reluctant to let me know what was going on?

Next time you are on your Amazon site, have a look in the top left hand corner. If, beside the logo, you see 'try prime' (or premium, depending which country) then you're OK. On the other hand, if it says 'Amazon Prime' then somewhere along the line you have inadvertently clicked something to subscribe to this.....expect an unexpected withdrawal of 49€ from your bank account soon.

Well, Quillan, if you're using the French Amazon, then caveat emptor still applies and it behoves the customer to at least try to understand what appears on the screen. It is possible to obtain translation software or even a paper dictionary.

It is all very well to blame the business, customers do have a responsibility to understand the implications of their actions. However, there is a modern trend in society to allocate blame to everyone else for whatever, and not the individual.

It's not just Amazon France, this happened to me in the UK. My Barclaycard showed a debt of £89 to Amazon after I bought a Christmas present from them in early december last year. I hardly ever use Amazon because I disapprove of so many of their practices.

I rang Barclaycard who knew all about it and said that since it was less than a month ago I could easily remove it by contacting Amazon and I did this and my account was credited. I had apparently fallen foul of some little thing because I'd asked for express delivery.

It just confirmed my opinion that they're a bunch of shysters who I don't really want to deal with.