Our Orange bill for Internet and fixed phone seems to creep up and up. I notice on the latest bill 10 euros for 'pret domino' . No idea what it is and certainly don't remember asking for it!

I dread phoning them to ask as it can take days, and they don't answer emails.

'Pret de Domino' is an internet service via the mobile phone network which Orange sometimes offer if the line is out of service to give you a basic alternative. If you do not use the domino or have never had it you need to contact the Service clients as soon as possible and make sure that they correct the error.

Danny

Thanks. I wondered if it might be something like that. A few months ago the internet went down and we were lent a dongle thingie but returned it to the shop, with contract, when the Internet was back. I remember the contract said we'd be charged after a month, but we only had the thing a few days!

Funny how this happens... Last week we had a letter from the firm that serviced our mower, saying we hadn't paid a bill in Feb. We paid when we collected it, I don't think they'd have let us walk off without paying. Unfortunately with the UK credit card which was later mislaid, so all records were wiped out. I have a receipt stamped 'paye' so I phoned. After checking, they agreed I had paid - no apology.

Sadly, that is correct mint! Customer service doesn't run to apologies.

Anyway, I rang Orange today. The bill is due by Monday, even though it only arrived 2 days ago. After a bit of conversation, I noticed that on 3 previous bills, 10 euros was due but also10 euros refunded for pret Domino!

The July bill charges 10 euros and only refunds 0.67. That is for 2 days! I have no idea.....

Like when my bank stole, sorry that should be lost, €50 from one of my cash deposits, sorry that should be I did not count it properly.

Like you say, after making them realise that I would not stand for it any more, that I would record by CCTV the preparation and filling of the pochette because they after telling me that it was recorded by them when they open it then decided that it wasn't, I decided it wasn't worth the faff, that they would know better in future.

Well I had reckoned without their spitefullness, a cheque for €500 that I paid in 3 weeks ago and was creditted has just been re-debitted, they now claim it was not made out to me and wasn't even from my tenant, that is to say I somehow found a cheque from someone I do not know, for €500 made out to another person that I dont know, and deliberately, sorry accidentally paid it in to my account [:'(]

Nothing to do with them, it has to be my mistake once again, the fact that my tenants account has been debitted is once again nothing to do with them, I probably paid it in to another account of mine with another bank [:D]

I will resolve it but it will take once again some help from the media, they will make restitution and also for a lot more charges that took contrary to our signed agreement (again something I had let slide but kept back for ammo if anything like this happened) but my chances of even getting a private apology, none whatsoever.

And during my last meeting with the Directeur after me asking him politely 3 times to stop gesticulating with his finger at me, I bent it back towards him, in the direction that the knuckles bend because I was in a good mood.

[quote user="Blodwyn"]we were lent a dongle thingie but returned it to the shop, with contract, when the Internet was back. I remember the contract said we'd be charged after a month, but we only had the thing a few days![/quote]Surely the question is why are Orange even charging for a domino 'lent' to you to cover a period when they were unable to provide the normal land line service you're already paying them for ?

Sounds like some sort of misunderstanding when you got it and if it is indeed under a separate contract then you will probably have to have to cancel it with a recorded resiliation letter to get them off your back !