internet and telephone provider recommendation provider please

I am back to tell you both that Sosh has now told me that they will be giving me the 5-euro off a month offer for the first year.

After hearing nothing from them, I went on the chat line to ask about this.  Totally forgot that it was 11 November and that they might not be working.  However, someone did answer (no waiting) but said she couldn't help as the department responsible was not open that day.  Asked me to ring back.

Although I hadn't got round to ringing them back, quite out of the blue, I had an SMS to say that they are giving me this[:)]

BTW, I did not understand what you two were talking about re the default for shopping via mobile and livebox.  When you have a minute, could you explain why and how it might be a good thing to switch this function off?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just made my first blunder with Sosh.

With my previous mobile contract (with Free) I had free calls to fixed phones all over the place, UK included.

I knew but was unused to the fact that this is not the case with the Sosh option and when a friend called I called back on the mobile [:'(]

Result: An extra 48€ on my nice 29.95 facture[:'(]

This is obviously the "catch". The reason you get a cheap Internet/mobile deal is that they hope to whack on the charges either for mobile 'data' if you have  a smart-phone using 3/4G, or for calls outside the restricted deal.

My fault entirely but  be warned.

On your question I have the option switched off  since I vaguely remember it is open to abuse but to be honest I forget what.

In any case this doesn't stop you shopping on the web.

Oh, Norman, that is a nasty surprise!  Must have been a long conversation with someone on the International Space Station or Antarctic Research [blink]

I do get messages from them to say I am not using my mobile enough and now I see why they want me to exceed my quota!  You know me, phonephobia so it's never going to be more than a  few minutes a month.

However, I do love the convenience of it and of being able to get my ancient mobile back in use.