Mobile clean up

Thanks for the response Peter. I have looked at the free utility programs and tried one but though it cleans the cache and compresses photos it doesnt defrag the memoy

My wife has handed down her old phone to me. The first problem was that it had 1043 photos on. Even though i have deleted a lot of them it has not freed up much space.So i think that there are now a lot of blocks of unused memory not being shown as freespace thats why i want to try a defrag.

The other problem is that it is a Windows phone and utility programs are not as readily available as android.

I think in the end i will transfer the photos to PC. Then delete the lot and then transfer some of them back.

Defrag is not really your answer as the OS takes care of this pretty efficiently for solid state drives. If you have a SD card that is mostly full and want to defrag the

contents of the card, then you're better off doing as you said and  just making a folder on

your PC desktop, then just copy the contents of the SD Card over to

the folder.   Then delete everything on the SD Card,  copy the files you want back from the folder to the card.  

This

will have the same effect as defragging, except it will only take a

fraction of the time, since you are not asking a 3rd party program to

create thousands of temporary files during each file

copy.