Am using Zenmate, chrome extension at the moment, the paid version. Not allowed a sat dish on the new flat, so have been using it to watch morning UK TV. Not so good on a large screen TV, quality not good and a lot of buffing. Its not the ISP (Fibre Optic), nor the Chromecast so it must be the bandwidth on the Zenmate.

Are you, NormanH, happy with your VPN?

Do you mean will the VPN software run on the Livebox or will the VPN software running on your PC work through the livebox? Your router won't care what the VPN software does to your IP address so you can use any VPN software running on your PC...but it will only be the PC that the software runs on that will have the protection of the VPN..other PCs on your network that are connected to the livebox will not be masked unless they also run the VPN software. I don't think the Livebox itself is capable of running any VPN software

Gave Hola a try, but could not get it to run BBC iplayer. Also downloaded their peer to peer software which is part of the package. Have now taken it all off as youngest tells me that that was part of the problem of the last internet outage!

Have noticed on our new Free box that there is an option to install a VPN, though have not tried it yet.

• 3 weeks later...
That exercise will be a re-run of chasing and closing down the torrent sites.....good luck with that.

You have to ask what is the BBC's motive here? They have to be seen to be trying to control who has access to their geo-limited services but is their heart really in it?

• 2 months later...
Can you explain me why expressvpn is so popular? Is it really as good as all ratings consider? Practically all websites put this service in the top list ignoring other good vpns https://www.bestvpnrating.com/service/expressvpn

I’ve tried to use it, but it did not impress me. There are many other services which provide multiple features and even discounts for their users.

For me, the popularity of ExpressVPN is nothing more that an amazing ads trick.

Was on Zenmate but now use Filmon for watching UK TV. The quailty is not great (240) but its fine for a tablet and with an anroid box for the TV is OK too. You do not need a VPN to use it.

They do a paid service which is on a par price wise with a VPN and gives 480.