My miles of classic copper will - in a month or two - be changed to fibre optique (hooray!!!),

and with it, one hopes, a blinding increase in speed from the lamentable 602 lousy bits (max) - frequently little better then dial-up - to 5 to 8 megs.

When our NRA (Centre telephonic) comes on line we will be in a degroupe area, of course, but at the moment it seems Free telecom - with whom we currently are - are not joining the rest of them in posing their kit in the new cabinet.

We currently have a 'free' 2nd line through the back of the FREEBOX, which I'm guessing I would lose if (as seems likely) I migrate to an Orange LIVEBOX.

I have quite a complicated multiroom Panasonic phone system which takes up to 3 ('POTS') lines, so it currently has the FT and the Free lines in it, which we've rather got used to, so my question is, is there such a thing as a free-standing VOIP router-type box which I can daisy-chain from the Livebox, then into the Panasonic Unit as a 2nd phone line?

Everything I find on the net seems to be base units for hands-free phones, which are obviously no use. 

[quote user="EuroTrash"]I don't understand your problem.

If you change to Orange, will you not simply end up with your VOIP line provided by Orange instead of a VOIP line provided by Free? Wouldn't you just stick your same plugs into a LIVEBOX rather than a FREEBOX?[/quote]

I thought that with the all-singing, all-dancing Livebox, the ordinary house phone was derived   from the box. Are you saying that the Box is fed from a filter in the classic way  (thus leaving the POTS line untouched) ?