Internet Problems

We have an orange livebox, for the past two days Skype has not been working and several of the sites that we visit are either not available or get timed out. Generally most sites are very slow.

I did a ping test and everything comes back as ok, speed download 14 to 16 mps and upload about 1mps.

Is it an orange problem or has anyone suffered the same problem. I will contact orange on monday when they open the english speaking line. Could it be a Wi-fi problem. ?

Danny

Another person is reporting problems connecting to some sites today found this from the French version of Down Detector. Scroll down to Orange Reports and you will see someone else is having problems getting to sites like Google and Amazon.

Some parts of the site translate to English in Google Chrome and some parts don't.

http://touteslespannes.fr/statut/orange

Hope this helps

We've had no internet problems for several years, always worked, then about a fortnight ago we were without internet service for three days. FT said we should uprate to a black Livebox (although it was an FT-network in the area). Since then, internet is good although once or twice a day it goes down for about a minute, then back on again. Not enough to complain about but the new Livebox flashes up the fault, then the network is back on. I assume that FT might be doing some works somewhere or uprating equipment?

Got to talk to Orange this morning on the english line, they said the problem was with the box, they gave me a number and told me to go into the nearest orange store, hand them the number and get a new box. Did that this afternoon, got a new black box, connection was done by mobile and everything is now working. The guy on the english promised to phone this evening to see if everything was ok, he did to my surprise.

Danny