Fibre Optique

Smokin Mama!!!!

The fibre optique has arrived here although I dont think they have made it up my road at present, they dont realise that its still aérienne not underground to the buildings and just a case of pulling through the gaine.

We are currently in the period de prévenance but only Bouygues Telecom have signed the accord with Somme Numérique, I am hoping that Free will do so.

I guess your fibre optique was run by Orange and so Free contacted you to give you  date for the mise en service?

In fact  this is a different flat and I got the Red (SFR) deal at 20€

To be honest Free in my main place is beginning to annoy me quite seriously.

The débit in the evenings has dropped off to very low, and I suspect the reserve quite a bit of their bandwidth  for their paying TV service, meaning that you can't really streaming the other sites such as YouTube. It can also take a while for pages to load, far longer than it should.

idun: you are quite right, in that It Takes Two To Tango, and if the site you go to is very slow you having a good connection won't make any difference, you can't connect any faster than they will allow.

I am not sure that is the case Norman.

What site/sites are slow for you Norman ? I have never come across a site that is slow to load. It is probably more down to your computer, windows, anti virus software and all your ad blockers and what not that slows your connection down.

On a mac you don't have all those problems so everything loads as you would expect.

I have an old Ipad and it is slow to load. My boy has one of the latest ipads and it is instantaneous. But it has a faster processor.

We had fibre in Paris (200 mb I think) and it was no faster than what we have here on normal ADSL. It fact it was probably worse. You never noticed the speed. Unless you want to download/send large files I don't really see the need for it.

Here we can have everyone (4 people) watching netflix at the same time and it does not impact on speed.

We I am saying is, all those having problems (not mentioning names Chancer) are probably running slow windows computers bloated with anitvirus software.

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]I am trying my best....to help !!! It is not simply a question of 'how fast your internet' speed is.[/quote]

Some of us (me!) are beyond helping and not deserved of your good intentions.

Reserve your apparts for those who bite readily.

My father in law constantly complains about his internet connection. I say there is nothing wrong with your internet connection. Your windows heap of shît computer bugged with anti virus software is fuuuuuucked. Will he listen, no. He would rather sit there watching an egg timer go up or down all day and blame the site that he is loading.

My mum is the same in the UK.

Your right, old people won't listen.

My response definitely said appâts and not apparts, must be my piece of **** windows computer winding up the elderly once again.

I know that it said appâts because I used the spell check on the word as I wasn't sure of the accent.

And then this elderly Mr Magoo must have clicked on apparts [:(]

Have you retired the other scratched record entitled Brits in the Dordogne from use ALBOF?

Some of them not only use Windows but have food shopping delivered from Tescos.

My machine cannot be any slower on a fibre optique connection especially when the place is full of guests making illegal downloads.

He is right though, its not about the speed but to use my terms the quality of the connection, I would simply like to be able to scroll down a page without, pauses, jumps and jerks, I would like to type as now and the characters appear on screen as I type them, 11mb/s should be enough to type text [:(]

Yet when I connect to my neighbours Wi-Fi in the UK or my mobile as a hotspot the computer is lightning fast like I have never experienced in 10 years yet the speed is a fraction, same story with the mobile phone when its not connecting to my ADSL, pages load and can be scrolled so I realise that my computer plays some part in the problem but its mainly the ADSL connection which is supposed to be fast but in reality is anything but.