For the last 12 months I have amassed over 150 call numbers from all over France from the Mid-Pyrénées to Paris, and most those from Paris where from the 6th district.

know this because I used to use "Tellows" which was good for tracing these call numbers. Unfortunately it has of late been letting me down by telling me that numbers that I know to be safe are all coming from one small area of this department when in fact they from all over the department. Can anyone recommend another website that I could use?

Afraid I can't recommend another website, but wondering why you collect and trace nuisance phone numbers.

Our telephone is permanently in answer machine mode, with a delay of 10 seconds before answering; we can hear the response (if any) to our outgoing message from any of the phones in the house, and pick up the phone only if someone responds.

If someone is too shy/stupid to respond it is no loss to us.

The number of spurious calls has reduced dramatically, to only two or three a week since we began this over a year ago.

I do one of two things.  Our 09 number is re-directed to my mobile, if I don't have the number in my address book I do not answer it and after checking the number, usually not findable, I block it.  Solves that, only one or two get through, usually when I am expecting a call but don't know their number.  For our 04 number (no ansamachine, as couldn't get to it in time, and could not have it cutting in long enough to get to it - at least 10 rings), so we don't answer until after 6 rings at least, telling anyone who knows us to let it ring ... the house is large, it takes me at least 10 rings to arrive if I am upstairs in the bedroom ... and only then if I move at once .... only one or two do not stop after 6 rings if they are nuisance ones ... and this seems to work as well as can be.