TV Streamers

Have you searched for something like "best media streaming device reviews"?

I bought an Amazon Fire TV Stick from Amazon UK (the one on Amazon FR costs the same/more but is the basic version). They had them on special offer (£25 in the summer and will probably have them on offer on "Black Friday" in November). The alternative would have been a Roku (I already have a Chromecast)

You will need a VPN which runs on your device (or router) so you might want to check that your VPN will work (I use NordVPN on the Fire TV Stick).

You might find timezone problems for some services e.g. More 4 and need to set it on the device and TV before it will work.

The BBC iplayer app might not work with the VPN and you will need to run it in a web browser.

I'm not sure how you expect to get Sky?

Hi Pomme.

With the first one I had,which was a M9CPRO I could watch all Sky sports channels including the F1 races.

Plus BT sports channels including the Moto GP with my very own fellow citizen Suzy Perry, The world Super Bikes,and the British Super bikes.

Then there are all the other British channels plus several film channels to watch too. the choice is quite wide ranging once you get started.

All I had to do was to plug it into the mains and connect it to my modem, plug it into my TV and then set it up. I certainly never bothered with the iplayer.

THIS German station will provide you with 96 UK tv channels, including Eurosport whithout having to purchase any gizmos or having to install a VPN. If you register with the site (it's  safe) then you will have access to BT Sport.

Select the 'Watch TV Now' just below the address bar and it will take you to a page containing 52 other countries TV channels.

The only proviso is that your computer must have Flash Player installed and enabled.

I use an 'ad-blocker' so don't have the initial channel select ad.

Never any punch-ups regarding which TV programme to watch in this household.

How does eighteen months equate to many years? I purchased my original streamer in early 2017, now I'm thinking of upgrading, I think that this would grade me as a relative novice compared to many others on this forum,which once included S.D I think it's better to ask for advice rather than go stumbling along so I ask for advice it's always best to ask those who know more than you do.

BritinBretagne, I was going to ask the same question of Mr Wiggy.

It would be interesting for Mr Wiggy to give a link showing how that box can get Sky. As far as I can see, it is no different from any other Android streaming box, and probably just running TV streams in Kodi?

The box I have is a M9Cpro which is connected to my router then with HDMI to the HDMI on the TV, The setting up was done by a friend who is more savy with these gizmos than I will ever be.

Believe me it gets ALL the Sky Sports channels and ALL the EUOSPORTS sports Channels too.

Mr Wiggy wrote : The box I have is a M9Cpro ..

Having not heard of this before I googled it and it seems that this is a basic, low-cost model which is ok but not excellent.

So it doesn't surprise me to read Mr W would like to upgrade to a faster and more robust model.

Unfortunately I cannot help him with that .. but these products certainly sound interesting.

Mr Wiggy wrote: "The box I have is a M9Cpro which is connected to my router then with HDMI to the HDMI on the TV, The setting up was done by a friend who is more savy with these gizmos than I will ever be.

Believe me it gets ALL the Sky Sports channels and ALL the EUOSPORTS sports Channels too."

From the quick searches I've done this is just a basic Android streaming box which does not come with any software. I think you are going to be in for a surprise if you think it will just work out of the box. You'll need to ask your friend to set it up.

As I said before, search for something like "best android streaming boxes" You won't find the M9Cpro mentioned. But you will see other boxes with a lot more recommendations in different reviews and a lot more user support.

No it still doesn’t make sense. On 30th September you were thinking of trying a streaming box and had been recommended a particular model. On 3rd October you were explaining why the box you had used for a while was so great. On 4th October you are claiming that you had had the box that you didn’t yet have on 30th September for only 18 months. That does not make sense to me.