Changing Telephone Supplier from Orange to SOSH

Hi All,

I have already taken out a contract with SOSH and am happy with the service over the last few months. (Internet via 4G in my router)

Was going to cancel my Orange contract today and spoke to the English helpline, was told that it would be better to combine the contracts and pay €12.00 less per month. Do not use my live box now as its too slow and flaky a connection. It was only a backup until the SOSH system had proved itself. So what would be the point of continuing with both?

I then decided to try and cancel the Orange via the SOSH website, cannot see method of doing this though, as I already have the SOSH contract in place.

Anyone have any pointers to help me please?

Thanks in advance,

Johnnyboy

From what I remember I was able to cancel the Orange ADSL on our line via the Orange website,  but the phone line itself required a phone call (in my case to 3900 and the office in Agen as it turned out).   I'm not sure you can do much Orange business on the Sosh website,  even though they're the same business ultimately.

As you will probably remember,  we had no regrets ditching our landline.   The only irony is that we now have potential buyers for the house,  they would like the line re-instated,   which would have been fine but for the fact that most of it is on the ground (at least 50 m) following the hurricane here in early July.   A technician turned up on Saturday,  promised it would all be repaired at Orange's expense (good) but couldn't say whether it would be in two days',  two weeks',  or two months' time.

But I'd ditch the line if I was you.....   We really haven't missed ours at all.   The 4G phone/internet really does the biz......

thanks Martin, have set the wheels in motion already, especially after my conversation with the help?line the other day.

Explained the situation as to why we were changing supplier (orange France unwilling/unable to repair our line into the village) and then the guy went into a real strop as to why they still want to charge us €50.00 for déconnexion! Net result, we have to write to them and ask for that to be repaid.

According to him, it is now a standard fee for all networks for having the temerity to leave their wonderful company!!

Will update as and when we get a reply.

Johnnyboy

• 3 months later...
I was looking at this the other day for my dad and got quite confused. I was under the impression that if your off contract with Orange and by reading the Sosh website you won't get the first year deal of 14,99 and would have to pay 19,99 which is still 20 Euros less than he is paying now.

I thought is was like mobile phones (because they say you can keep your old phone number) and that they would do all the moving, including cancelling your existing contract, for you?

I also noticed by searching, that the number used for Sosh English speaking helpline is the same number as the Orange one, is this correct?

One last thing that perhaps somebody might know the answer to my dad has three email addresses with orange, will all three still work or can you only have one with Sosh?

Sosh is the online arm of Orange .. so effectively it is Orange without the shops. Which means that all contact is online. Which is not as scary as it might sound as online there is the option to 'chat' with a conseiller .. in fact it's more like messaging in real time. Or else you can ask them to ring you.

The only downside is that you need a reasonable level of French or to contact the English-speaking helpline.

If your dad is already with Orange it is very easy to swap to Sosh .. Sosh organise it all. The home number remains the same but they will probably offer a new Livebox.

The equipment is all labelled Orange .. and yes your Dad's emails should stay the same.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Ok so yes he can use the Orange English helpline.

He does not have to do anything to change service just complete the forms on the Sosh website.

His Livebox was upgraded and replaced early this year FOC as he had an original "V" shaped one before The new one looks the same as the one on their website.

One thought, he has an Orange satellite decoder attached to the router. He knows that TV is not included. He took that with Orange because he couldn't get a TV signal and his adsl speed is only about 3mb so TV reception via the internet is not an option but now there is a TV repeater nearby that is no longer a problem. How does he return the decoder?

He requests a free returns label from Orange, packs up the decoder and posts it through the post office .. sometimes there is a 'point relais' nearby which can be easier to use. Either way the procedure is the same as they will already have your Dad's details from Orange.

There will be a new contract .. possibly sent via email .. as the prélèvement will be different. This will need signing and returning to Sosh or need scanning and sending via email .. I can't remember which now ☺