Sky box or TV dead?

Last night after watching TV I did what I always do, I switched off the Sky box with the remote then the same with the TV remote.

This morning I switched on to watch Sky 05:00 news, (after twenty odd years I still can't get out of the habit of early rising) unfortunately the only news I got was nothing, it was a case of no news or anything. just a blank screen, I changed both the remotes then the Sky top boxes, the TV indicator lights still work but nothing else. I also checked all the connection and still nothing. Have any of you boffins out there any ideas as to what might have gone wrong?

Mmmm - only suggestion is to be systematic diagnostically

Presumably not remotes or sky box (both swapped!) so

1. have you got a spare old tv?

2. afraid you may need to go outside and check the receiver end.

3. have there been any storms which may have temporarily knocked out the transmitter.

Must say sometimes switching everything off and then, after some time, switching on again may solve the issue (if very lucky but you have probably already done that).

Best of luck.

NB could it be as simple as some remote button pressed that changed the channel?

• 4 months later...
What was the outcome ?

Just wondering because we now have similar problem.

Two tv's; one satellite receiver, two separate cable feeds from dish to two different tv's.  One feed through Humax box (to main new tv;  one old Sky box to second tv) - and both tuned to UK tv stations (sorry !!).

One works fine - main one in lounge.

Second tv in study/snug no longer works.   Given up the ghost over Christmas.  The tv will show the first pages of 'Choose all channels' etc - but then screen display reads 'Searching for listings' - and then no change - won't change - won't progress any further.

The Sky box shows green light - so it's on...but nothing.

As the main tv and Humax box is working then there's obviously no problem with dish or cable into the house.

Anyone any ideas ?   Or has Sky box finally 'fallen off its perch' and we need a Humax box instead ?

Happy New Year everyone -

Chessie