SOSH and mobile phones

I have a Sosh contract which includes one mobile phone with plenty enough bytes, etc for my purposes.

Does anyone know if it is possible to add another mobile and how much extra it would cost?

I daresay there is a part on their website which would have this information but I have to confess I have been unable to locate it.

Many grateful thanks....[:)]

mint wrote the following post at 20 Aug 2020 15:53:

I have a Sosh contract which includes one mobile phone with plenty enough bytes, etc for my purposes.

Does anyone know if it is possible to add another mobile and how much extra it would cost?

I'm not quite clear what you have at present and what you want to have.

Do you mean your contract came with a phone and a sim ? Or just a sim ?

Do you mean add a different SIM card to your number or do you mean a new separate SIM card and second number ?

What kind of contract would this second sim need ?

I.e. what kind of data and calls does this second sim card need ?

A separate SIM .. would need to be put in a different phone.

Sorry, Sue.  I see that even someone as knowledgeable and capable as you would have trouble when people do not define what exactly they want to know!

Ok, I need a second sim which will also be infrequently used.  I already have the second phone.

Thank you BTW for your prompt appearance to help[:)]

As I read these

https://communaute.sosh.fr/t5/Les-forfaits-Sosh-Mobile-Les/2ème-forfait/td-p/2271617

https://communaute.sosh.fr/t5/Les-forfaits-Sosh-Mobile-Les/Comment-puis-je-ouvrir-une-deuxième-ligne-pour-ma-fille-mineur/td-p/2350067

it's simply a matter of getting another contract, and you gain no advantage for being a current customer.

There is, it seems, the possibility of getting a second SIM on the same account and, presumably, phone number, if you want to use it in a tablet: https://www.edcom.fr/25319-nouveau-chez-sosh-1go-de-data-offert-avec-l-option-multi-sim-ou-domino-sosh.html

(I just googled sosh deuxieme: I'm not any expert!.)

mint wrote the following post at 20 Aug 2020 16:51:

Ok, I need a second sim which will also be infrequently used. I already have the second phone.

In that case .. as has been pointed out .. there is no advantage staying with Sosh/Orange unless there's is the best signal you can receive in your area.

For 1€50 a month you can sign up with Reglo mobile (used to be LeClerc mobile). All calls/SMS are charged for BUT the first 1€50 of calls and SMS etc are included and the charges only start to apply after. This uses SFR as a network carrier .. v easy to organise online though there is a small charge for the new SIM.

There are other options too .. the 3€50 per month forfeit includes 250MO data and some calls .. it depends what you need.

Free at 2€ a month .. gives 2 hours of free calls included, SMS and a very small amount of data too. Uses Free's own network which does struggle in a few areas and their data allowance is practically non-existant.

Sosh costs from 4€99 a month .. not worth it in my view unless you have no option.

There are others but it will depend on what works well in your area.

Thank you Beckett, Norman and Sue for your VERY useful replies. 

My query now completely answered and I can make a decision with confidence. All I need to do is to follow up on your replies and do the usual weighing up of pros and cons[:)]

I've had the PAYG 1.50 per month Le Clerc /Reglo, for years (maybe 10+).  Hardly ever used, but did come in useful duing the flood when orange was down... mind you, it would have helped if I'd kept the phone charged as it was low on power, and that we had none of, (I've now got a portable battery for such times) but it was enough to call for help, and get that organised!  I have an automatic top up on the account when it falls below 5€, and never worry about it not having enough on it.  No need for making a call or sending a text or something at least once every 3 or 6 months as others do, to keep it alive. 

But with phones which are not used regularly, beware to remember to charge them on occasion, even when not using!!