So sorry I cannot be of any help. There are times in the not too distant past when I would have loved to be able to do some sort of face time, mais, helas, we have never succeeded.

I am always amazed at how well most people manage to do face time or whichever they are using so well, so will be following this with interest.

Woolyone: It is probably down to the Internet connection speeds, have you checked your "speed" I use speed test an app that measures the connection upload and download. Also, are you connected to the router by WiFi or cable, cable is better. I'd be surprised if it a speed problem given your geographical location so check cables.

Yes, wot he said (NickP) plus if you Google "Facetime freezes" there are many links about how to clear it.

I'm assuming you're using a MAC pc, is it wi-fi to your router ? If so, as Nick says a cable is better. If you're using your iPhone have you tired the pc ?

I'm a Windows man and I use WhatsApp mostly (on Android phone or W10 pc) or Skype (infrequently) and we have a poor broadband speed here but I don't have any problems with freezing.