Have got an LG web OS tv and a couple of days ago HD channels lost sound. Have tried looking through sound settings but of no help as it's just the HD channels that are "mute". Anybody any ideas - could I have pressed a button on the remote by mistake, although I can't see which button would have caused this. Any help gratefully received.

Thank you but increasing the volume was the first thing I tried. Doesn't make any difference to sound for HD channels or radio channels - all these remain mute. Tried turning off tv, unplugging for 60 seconds and when plugged in again everything ok and back to normal.

There almost certainly is a 'mute' button. In fact I would bet on it!!!! I have done a similar thing in the past. Study the hand control in great detail !!! Have to say though that if you are receiving sound on some (normal) channels then the problem is a technicians job!!!

Ken, I have never seen a mute button on a remote control that mutes only the sound on HD channels.

Fittersmate, how are the HD channels received, do you have a box, can you do a reset and retune your channels (this sometimes solves the problem)? If it is UK channels, are you using a VPN?

BETISE Ken, I have never seen a mute button on a remote control that mutes only the sound on HD channels

No, neither have I which is why I added that if it were the case then a technician would be needed.

Thanks betise. Problem now sorted. The television has a built in Freesat. No VPN. I tried to retune the channels but nothing happened so that is when I tried unplugging the TV and then plugging it in again. Never known that to work on computers but it worked on the TV.

BiB: Oh dear. I was making an observation, you totally ignored the previous post that said the problem had been sorted out.

Sarcasm is rarely received well. It says more about the person doing it!!

Oh dear. I was making an observation, you totally ignored the previous post that said the problem had been sorted out.

We both know what you meant with your 'observation' A shame that some people hide behind 'observations' and 'snide' comments so they can squirm out of criticism and claim innocence. The world we live in I suppose!

Not that you are guilty of that behaviour of course!!!