Astra Satelite - any issues?

Hi.. I hope someone might help before I go bonkers trying!

I've had very good dish reception for years (100cm) and just last week was getting slight break-up of signal, then it was ok for a couple of days, then nothing. Are there any issues with the transponder(s) at the moment? I'm quite South - Aude/Herault border.

For days running I've been trying to find any signal at all (I have an electonic Satlink finder) and I've even plugged the Humax/TV set near where the dish is to try that too (it's how I always used to do it, and I'd even get great signal with just an 80cm dish). I've also tried a new LNB (no difference) so have reverted to my trusty Inverto.

The only thing I've not tried is a different cable from LNB to receiver (or finder) but the one I'm using is a really strong moulded plug type that came with the Satlink finder (I'm pretty sure the cable is fine as the connections are factory made)..

Am I looking for something that's just not there right now?

Many thanks in advance..

Best part of 1000km further South where a 1.8m dish is required for reliable reception and nothing at all changed here for me and no chatter about anything on local forums either so I think you can safely dismiss speculation about footprint tweaking.

Great, many thanks all, this really helps as at least I know something is out there!

I've just always found it easy enough, and only very occasional interference during heavy rain.. I'll keep trying, and maybe go on to the new LNB..

My setup is with SCR/Unicable and am sure I've always used the Satlink 'finder' on the legacy output set to "universal" LNB..

Hmmm... Yet more time spent sorting some basics while the house needs plenty of less 'basic' work!

... and maybe I'll start much earlier in the day, doing this up a ladder in full sun/30c is not the most condusive to homing in on a tiny pin point of a setting...

We are 44.5N with a 90cm dish.

Usual problems with meteo (heavy rain etc).

Another thing to note if you have a socle & dish at ground level - much reception was lost recently - solution was to cut the mauvaises herbes that were thick (and tall) in front of the dish.

I'm not totally up with the technical side of Satellites, but I do notice that in the Loir et Cher in the summertime we sometimes lose certain channels for a short time, mainly mid-day or afternoon. usually, it seems to affect channels 144, 155, PBS USA, and France 24 news. Unfortunately, it doesn't affect RTnews. It's only at this time of the year that this occurs.