House rabbit!

We are hoping to buy a house in France this year and have found out

about moving our cats and horse abroad, but as my daughter has a pet

house bunny, I wondered if anyone knows what would be needed in terms

of vaccinations and time periods? It would of course be travelling to

and fro!

There was a thread which might be helpful which was posted here last November.  The reference is www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/794501/ShowPost.aspx .  Also it would be worth looking at the DEFRA website for uptodate information (www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/pets/index.htm); as far as I can see at the moment there is free movement of rabbits between the UK and France but best to check yourself before booking travel (and see the comments on the linked thread above about some ferry companies' reservations about having rabbits on board!) .

Good luck

Val

Strange, rabbits are for eating are they not!!!!!![:D]

Seriously, we moved to France in 2005 with 2 Gerbils (dont ask, vermin I know, but the wife and kids were besoted with them) and it was not a problem at all for Eurotunnel.  Just declared them and we were waved through.  But Rabbits, you really need to look in to this and make sure it is OK because if you get turned back at the ferry, there will be lots of tears...............

[quote user="nich the wood"]

Hi. We asked about bringing a Rabbit from the uk last year and was told that Brittany Ferries will not carry them. They are UNLUCKY.

Poor little bunnies.

nich

[/quote]

Hello, We had  the same problem when we moved over 5 years ago, however when we rang to book through Brittany Ferries there was no problem at all. We need a letter done within 24 hours of travel from the vet to state that the rabbit is fit for travel, and they must be in a locked cage inside the car.

If you want to pm I can let you know all about us bringing our 2 house rabbits to France.

Vicky