Spaying kittens

What age can a kitten be spayed? We are going to be at our cottage for a few weeks and would like do do our lot then (see previous postings!!!), they will be just 6 months old, but because they have been fed infrequently they are quite small.  

Thanks a lot Joy for your advice.

I thought I use this opportunity and just put in one more plea for foster parents to adopt one of these lovely kittens. With winter coming, in deepest Suisse Normande,  I fear for their lives.

I think it may be different times for different departements.   Just seen a note on our vets' door (in 87) saying that from 19 November to 01 December cats priced as follows

male:   29 euros

female:   59 euros (I think - I was taking more notice of the male price as our neighbour wants to have his two male kittens 'done').

Sorry, but I have no idea what the normal price is.   Only had our female dog sterilised here (gulp, 265 euros !).

So you are - sorry should have noticed.   

Strange, because I am sure the notice which was headed SPA (?) said that it applied to all vets in Haute Vienne ... probably didn't read it properly.  Nonetheless, its probably worth nipping down your local vets' and see if there is a note on display.   I guess it applies to everyone ?? ie you don't have to prove anything - residency or some such ??