A Forever Home for Joy

After weeks of searching for a forever home for my boy Joy, we have succeeded. This couple have 2 dogs already and 2 cats but he is so happy with these people that how could EDL say no. And guess what.........IT'S US![:-))]

I can't express my delight in knowing that Joy will be staying with us. My husband has been a hard nut to crack but he eventually gave in to his feelings  - the man from Léoville, he say yes!!

It does mean that i'll not be able to foster for a while now as 3 dogs are more than enough to contend with, but I will still continue to help L'Europe des Levriers in any way that I can so you ain't seen the last of me yet!

I want to say a big, big thank you to everyone who's supported us on this journey with your kind words. You have all been fantastic. Passion is a word I never really understood when I lived in the UK living my selfish, busy life, but Joy, Hugo and Luca have taught me many things about myself and they are now 'my passion'.

Thanks for letting me share them with you [:D] 

A wonderfully happy Jaq [:$]

Thanks everyone. Amazingly Kate, Joy is getting on fine with Hugo. It's funny how he is now ok with Hugo being 'top dog' especially after the aggression Joy used to show towards him. Joy even lets Hugo lick out his bowl when he's finished now - not something he'd have allowed 2 months ago that's for sure. I do have to keep Joy at the bottom of the pack though. He eats last, he's not allowed on the furniture and he gets in and out of the car last. Also, if he steals something from one of the other dogs I take it off of him, tell him off and then ignore him for about 10 minutes. It's really worked a treat with him. However, I haven't managed to get that trick to work on my husband yet [:P]

Talking of my husband, I don't think it was that hard a decision in the end. I think that he was getting closer to Joy by the day and knew himself that he was going to struggle to let him go. However, he's a little stubborn and wouldn't admit to it but he gave the game away when he started to take Joy out with him on his own [8-)] He'd say, 'i'm just off to the dechetterie and i'll take Joy out for the ride with me'. Mmmmm, I thought. [I] That's the sign of a softening man!

Anyway, all 3 dogs are curled up in their beds having a lovely snooze (Joy's snoring contentedly) after a very active day out in the glorious sunshine. And all I can hope for now are many, many more wonderful days to come. I'm off to the coast tomorrow to give them all a play in the sea. Now that's going to be an experience as neither Luca or Joy to my knowledge have been to the seaside before. Wheyhey! What fun! [:-))]

That really is wonderful news! I haven't joined any of the discussions on Joy because I knew there was nothing I could do, and also didn't want to say what I would like to see happen to the person that harmed him. However, I have watched from the sidelines hoping so much that he would find a wonderful family, and he did. [:D] Well done, and I am so happy for all of you.

Well Magnolia, I'm really pleased you found such a good home for the lovely boy Joy and so quickly too !  [:D]  I've just rehomed one we had since last Summer (Bounty Baby) with a really nice family in the Vienne.  I won't let them go until it's the right "fit" and have now been very lucky. 

Look forward to the seaside photos and wish you all many happy days ahead.

I am so pleased for Joy and for you!  Like so many others, I suspect, I have followed all your postings about Joy avidly, praying that he would end up in a happy home - and now his dreams have come true and he can stay with you.[:D][:D][:D].  Made my day.

Chrissie (81)

Oh what great news !!!!!

I told you not so long ago, I had the feeling this was obvious, I'm so happy for you all !

WELL DONE !!

[IMG]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/regine79/feux-artifices-2748.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/regine79/applaudissements-185.gif[/IMG]

What a wonderful piece of news.  It would have broken your heart to see Joy leave again and this way he will have a happy, secure future with your family.

Nice to let the OH think he had the deciding vote in keeping Joy, but they can be such stubborn whatsits at times it just take awhile longer to bend them around to where they should be!!   Has he realised he has been successfully manipulated?   Mine never does![;-)]

Well done Jaq!!

Hi Mag,  You are the best forever home and family for him.  I am not surprised you both fell in love with him.  What great news and hope you all have a great day at the beach.  Give Joy and the others a big hug from me.

Congratulations[:D] Lisa x