URGENT Beautiful German Shepherd SPA Carcassonne

Rupurt what is the 4 pattes ? Is it a pet shop .. Im sure I have seen a sign for it but it hasnt registered with me ....

Rowan do you have any friends with computers and printers .... if you could leaftet drop the area ...handing them out on market day in carcassonne , asking at the Marie offices if you can put one on the notice boards ... on the notice boards in super markets etc,,,, As I was out there for a couple of years and if it wasnt for my frankie and having to find some where I would never of even heard of the place ..awarness is the biggest key to finding homes.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Pads, it looks like it's a grooming place and accessories shop. I think it's close to Chez Fred, in the direction of McDonalds.

I don't think our local shelter fosters animals either. What they do is let the rescue association take over the adoptable animals, and the rescue association handles the fostering and adoption work.

Thanks Rdupre.. yes I think I have seen it .

That would be a good place to put an advert for the spa ... and maybe even ask for some sponsership... as they would all be potential customers for 4 pattes ....

Also adverts in side private kennels where people take there dogs for holidays ..as again they will all be potential customers for them... and what a great place to catch dog lovers

This is still urgent. I made sure I was playing with Tigue through the bars yeterday to show how lovely he is, but the lady with the list said that he looks scary to people who don't know him, and no one will adopt him, so keeping him is a waste of space and money. Never seen a dog in those terms before.....

No. Just about given up, to be honest. There is not a single space in the SPA, so his days are numbered. Probably along with many others. When I was there on Monday two different families brought their dogs in to be rehomed cos they can't afford to keep them. So they will need space and will take priority over some of the older residents.

Okay everyone, this is the last chance. Tigue has till first thing on Monday morning. We managed to get him a week's stay of execution on the basis that we were trying to find someone, this was then extended to two weeks, but that is up on Saturday. So unless I can tell them to get him tattooed on Monday ready for his new home, he will be going to the vets for a very different reason.

Please, please can anyone give him a home or think of anyone who might be able to do so and act QUICKLY. Otherwise it is the end of the line for this beautiful dog. I will try and give him a final walk on Saturday to let him feel the grass under his paws for one last time in the hope that his last dreams are sweet.

Everyone

Another last minute save. It may be forever, I am hoping it will, but if not, at least Tigue will be okay till a permanent home can be found. It is up to him and how he behaves with his new friends of both the canine and feline variety. I intend to have a good talk to him this afternoon and tell him not to blow it!

So a trip to the vets for Tigue, but for tattooing and pre-release checks! Hurrah!

Thanks to everyone for their support and interest. Not sure if the new owners want to reveal their identity but if they are happy to do so and want to keep you posted on Tigue's progress, you can all watch this space!

Thanks again

Rowan

Oh, I'm so please for Tigue and you Rowan.

This thread has upset me so much that I've hardly dared look at it for fear of hearing the worst.

Let's keep everything crossed!!

Judie

and Zoé, Treacle, Reggie, Tiggy, Spike, TC2, OT, Fifi, Michele, Flash, Mumble, Maddie, Milly, Tally and Tilly

It's such good news Rowan - so happy for Tigue and you.  I know there are still the others whose fate is in the balance and we won't forget them and keep trying to find good people to help them also - the sadness never goes away completely does it......... but today is a great day for Tigue and you can be very pleased with all your wonderful efforts.  Hugs to all.

Hi all, well, it's us!

Blame Pads and Rowan . . . and our visit to the SPA last weekend - I've managed to persuade my OH to give him a chance to see how he gets on with our part-time dog, Picos (my mum's dog who stays with us while she's travelling . . . which is often) and our 3 cats. The 2 dogs are approx the same age and Picos has never met another dog yet that he doesn't love to bits so I hope they get on together.

I'll post photos once we get him here and settled . . . wish us luck!