Returning to the UK? Don't leave your pets behind!

If every dog owner with one or two dogs took on one more, it would help get down the numbers in the refuges no end! I had two dogs and never had any intention of having a third but I read Siobain's plea from the Hope Association for someone to adopt or at least foster this particular dog as he had nowhere to go! I cannot tell you why but his photo touched my heart, he looked so sad! Siobain brought him to us and he was truely a sad little fellow who had had a very bad time! He used to almost hyper-ventilate in his sleep caused by bad dreams and he needed to be woken up and reassured. However four months on these dreams are now a very rare occurence and he is no longer a little bag of bones! He has been fully accepted by the other two dogs! As I type all three are curled up around my feet together making a large furry footmuff and my little rescue boy is snoring gently! For me, having dogs is like having a young family all over again but the dogs are a lot less heartache! We are retired over here and have the time to give them! We walk every day and this keeps us healthy and I am sure I would not do it if I did not have the dogs! We watch the seasons change and learn through observation about the flora and fauna around us! I find with dogs that the love you give them is returned more than a hundred fold! As you can see, I am well pleased with my furry family and I would heartily recommend anyone reading this to adopt a dog or indeed another dog!