Urgent Adoption

'MUST RE-HOME due to new addition to family. After two long years of being on a waiting list for a special German Shepherd dog, we have been notified by the breeder that, at long last, our number has come up and WE ARE HAVING A PUPPY!!!

We must get rid of our children IMMEDIATELY because we just know how time consuming our new little puppy is going to be and it just wouldn't be fair to the children. Since our little puppy will be arriving on Monday we MUST place the children this weekend!

They are described as:

One male - His name is Tommy, Caucasian (English/Irish mix), light blonde hair, blue eyes. Four years old. Excellent disposition! He doesn't bite, is temperament tested, does have problems with peeing directly in the toilet. Has had Chicken Pox and is current on all shots. Tonsils have already been removed. Tommy eats everything, is very clean, house trained & gets along well with others. Does not run with scissors and with a little training he should be able to read soon.

One female - Her name is Lexie, Caucasian (English/Irish mix),strawberry blonde hair, green eyes quite freckled. Two years old. She can be surly at times, is a non-biter, thumb sucker. Has been temperament tested but needs a little attitude adjusting occasionally. She is current on all shots, tonsils out, and is very healthy & can be affectionate. Gets along well with other little girls & little boys but does not like to share her toys and therefore would do best in a one child household. She is a very quick learner and is currently working on her house training - shouldn't take long at all.

We really do LOVE our children so much and want to do what's right for them; that is why we contacted a rescue group. But we simply can no longer keep them. Also, we are afraid that they may hurt our new puppy.

I hope you understand that ours is a UNIQUE situation and we have a real emergency here!!! They MUST be placed in rescue by Sunday night at the latest or we will be forced to drop them off at the orphanage or along some dark, country road. Our priority now has to be our new puppy.'

Here we go again, such irresponsible people.  Couldn't you have thought of all this before reserving the puppy.

Can't you find someone returning to the UK, there are so many at the moment, who could take them over there?  There are probably more chances of rehoming them than here where we all know the lack of education they are receiving.

We'd take them immediately as we often have difficulties in setting the timer on the hard drive and associated technical tasks but I'm afraid we have an issue with the tonsils. We look upon it in the same breath as docking, a totally unnecessary surgical intervention, so on this accassion it's a big NO from us.

Gosh, Pommier, I didn't realise that ANYONE felt EXACTLY like I do!!

Let me know if you get any offers..but mine is a lot older, hence more expensive to keep. She is already in a foster home....awaiting some 'mug' to take her...but connections to the Rothschilds, Goldsmiths, Royal family (any Mid Eastern country will do!) or Duke of Westminster would be beneficial all round!!

Good luck with your new puppy! You'll never regret your decision to downsize!

Sadly our orphanage is already overcrowded, so unless a foster family comes forward very soon, the chances are that your children will have to be euthanised. But I guess you will be able to convince yourself that they are happily rehomed, and they do say that ignorance is bliss......

What some local people do here when they desperately need to rehome unwanted youngsters is to hang around the edge of the local market with an improvised 'stall' where the babies can be displayed.  Some heartwrenching placards saying they must go today are the order of the day but the main thing is to get the kids to act cute and to try to attach themselves to any slightly interested passers-by.  If they have any 'party tricks' (handstands, hula hoops etc) now is the time to put them into action.  I know an inspected home and a well-thought-out adoption is the ideal but when things are getting very difficult then needs must ... after all, there's that puppy to think of.

Just to clarify, these aren't mine - I just posted this for a friend who doesn't have a computer.......

There was a very kind offer of a temporary foster home although it was rather distant, but luckily someone was going that way so was able to drop them off. Hopefully, if they behave the fosterer might keep them.

Anyhow, as I'm sure you'd all like to know, the new puppy is just BEAUTIFUL, and so cute!

I'm posting this for a friend who doesn't have electricity ......

BUT if the foster family can no longer keep them then please bear in mind that, in looking for a permanent loving home, there is a wonderful band of helpers who seem to be able to arrange co-voiturage to help take these two to another new home. I can supply two large dog crates to aid travelling.

By the way, glad that the new replacement added to your family has settled in well.

As said before, you will have NO regrets!

Surely you could manage by merely chaining the two children out in the garden?  That way they'll get lots of fresh air and won't be able to get near the puppy in his basket.  Mind you if they cry very loudly, it might irritate the neighbours, I suppose.

Chrissie (81)

Take them to the market and chain them to a railing with a little notice round their necks, offering the adoption. Remember to leave a little bowl of water and a few croquettes or perhaps a chewy stick so they look happy. Teach them to roll their eyes at passers by and to whimper. Should do the trick - there is always some sucker who falls for it.[6]

Hopefully the fosterers will fall in love with them but for anyone else in the same situation who go down the 'living outdoors' route, please remember that if you are not fenced in, the children may run off and if they are not chipped, can be regarded as 'abandoned'  if they are picked up more than 500 metres from home (now there's an idea !).

So for the non-fenced garden you may have to consider a chain, which has to be 2.5 metres minimum with access to shelter, food and water.  Or, of course there is always the wire and electric collar system - pricey but worth it if you really don't want to lose the children.