SOS - Another Urgent Call for Foster Homes - Refuge, Cahors (46)

We need help again!!  The Refuge Canin Lotois in Cahors is yet again at bursting point and is in

desperate need of foster homes for dogs (as ever, new permanent homes

always needed too!).  There has been a larger than usual influx of abandoned dogs in the last week or so.  The situation is particularly difficult due to a severe lack of space, restrictions on numbers (impossible to keep to!) and staff shortages.  The future of the Refuge itself hangs in the balance.  It is a real juggling act to keep going!!

Please help in any way you can, even if just by spreading

the word....  If you, or anyone you know, might have space for one of these poor dogs - even for a

limited time - please get in touch....  Fostered dogs remain the responsibility of the Refuge - so, for example, any veterinary treatment a fostered dog may need would be paid for by the Refuge. 

If anyone needs further info, let me know - or visit or contact the Refuge direct:

Refuge Canin Lotois - Z I d'Englandières - 46000 - CAHORS - TEL 05.65.22.66.32

Open daily, including weekends, from 3pm to 6pm.

Jouals

More dogs arrived yesterday - PLEASE come and take a look this weekend if you can - we have all shapes and sizes!!!

Here is an example - this is Pal!!!

[IMG]http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt101/Jouals/Rescue/Pal1small.jpg[/IMG]

The ZI/Refuge is on the D811 Mercués-Cahors road...

Jouals

• 3 months later...
So many need new homes, and now we are about to enter the holiday season how many more will be abandoned?

It breaks my heart, as I sit here with a young head on my knee and another, older, head on my feet. I would help you if I could, but if I did, I'd have to give up guide dog training, and we're short of people here too!

Well done all of you who do what you can.