Tony, the Gordon Setter - has gone off to his new home!!!

Can anyone offer handsome Tony a new home??  I am posting his details for a friend.  Her elderly father (87) can no longer cope with caring for dogs and so she is trying every avenue she can to find Tony a new home without having to resort to a refuge.  (She can’t re-home him herself as she already has dogs and cats!).  He is a pedigree Gordon Setter born on 28 April 2002.  He would suit an experienced owner with no children and no cats (he is used to neither), but perhaps another female dog.  He is vaccinated and tattooed.  Tony is in Concots in the Lot, south east of Cahors.

If anyone needs any further information, let me know.

[IMG]http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt101/Jouals/Rescue/Tony2-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt101/Jouals/Rescue/Tony1-1.jpg[/IMG]

If it meant that you could take Tony, I know of a lady who will 'mind' him whilst a passport is in the process - her charges are negotiable and she is usually prepared to help with the journey but she is in the Tarn I think.  I could check if this is useful.

Hello all, sorry, just had chance to catch up - thanks for the replies - particularly Amanda.  It would be great if something could be sorted out - your place sounds ideal!  And he would be best placed with someone who has experience of setters.  My friend is French, so I doubt if he has a UK passport - I will check, but if something can be sorted out for him to get one, I would hope some solution could be found. 

Amanda - I've PMd you - do you speak French?

Jouals

I have now 'spoken' by email to the daughter of the elderly gentleman who owns Tony. I was pleased that he (the dog!!) gets on well with other dogs...great!!

Also, Tony could possibly stay where he is for about 4 months so a foster home seems to be needed for only 2 or 3 months. We ourselves could stay in France for the last month to complete the 7 months after the beginning of the 'passport' system. I have told my 2 boys that they may soon have a new brother...lots of licks showed their approval!!

I will continue to correspond with the daughter as I do not even know where this dog is!! Watch this space......

Yes, sorry, didn't notice where this dog is living...but who cares??!Have car..will travel!

I'd really like to find a temp home for the last few months somewhere further north...if that's possible. Any more ideas? I have asked if Tony can start his passport process (where he is) asap so that he can join our two....

Will keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, Tony has now had his chip and blood test....prior to his Pet Passport! The French family are being so very kind. Doing everything possible to help....they are just so pleased that a new home has been found for their elderly relative's dog...and we are simply delighted to add another setter to our brood!!

Will keep you all posted on further developments.....

• 5 months later...
Just in case any of you guys can remember this dog....the 6 months is nearly up...and Tony is coming to join our gang on June 17th!!! In the mean time, we have rescued another tiny little setter from Greece who joined us last month...and now another one courtsey of Jouals!! Thanks, Jane, you have been great.

I really MUST stop at four...we've just changed our car to fit them all in!

I'll keep you all posted when the deed is complete....