Sixteen Cats need a New Home for September Dordogne/South Charente, Charente Maritime

An English couple who took in sixteen cats will be leaving mid-September so they will have to urgently be rehomed before then.  They are all tame, loving and used to living in their house.  They are all neutered except for three (Violet, Blondie and Loppy). 

They are near Saint Aulaye in the Dordogne very near the south Charente and Charente Maritime Borders.

Anyone who could give one a home or an association who can help is very welcome.

Blondie 5 yrs F (not spayed)

Violet 5 yrs F (not spayed)

Thomas 6 yrs M

Gigi 7 yrs F

Tiggy 7 yrs M

Patchy 7 yrs M

Primrose 8 yrs F

Teddy 8 yrs M

George 9 yrs M

Minnie 9 yrs F

Loppy 13 yrs F (not spayed) (mother of Violet and Blondie)

Spicy 15 yrs F

Ginny 15 yrs F

Scottie 15 yrs F

Flora 16 yrs (Scottie's mother)

Herby 16 yrs M

Well done, Kathy.  I've been wondering what would happen to them.  Just goes to show that it's best to have all the jabs and paperwork up to date, no matter what, so that if you do have to go back to the UK in a hurry you can take all your animals with you.

My four are quite enough for the moment (and disruption in the moggie population is not what I need) but I hope the rest find good homes too.

Just a quick update.

I now have Teddy and Scotty ensconced under my kitchen cabinets (their choice not mine!) and will let you know how they get on.

It's obviously a desperately sad situation there, and not just a case of thoughtless Brits scarpering back to the UK and leaving the cats. The owner's been left a widower and is going to live with family in Australia and obviously can't take the cats with him.

They all seem friendly and willing to be stroked/picked up - I wish I could've taken more but we have four already as well as two dogs.

I live less than an hour away and if I could help with transporting one for anybody, I'd be quite happy to do so. Please, somebody give a home to some more of them.

Great thanks to you Kathy, you are the only person to have moved for these cats so far, well done.  You certainly know you will have to keep them indooors for a while otherwise they may disappear and try to find their way back home until they realise that this is now their home.

I don't ask any personal questions when people contact me for help, just the facts, so many cats, when are you leaving, etc.  So I had no idea this person was a widower as he just said that his wife had taken in/rescued them.  I never thought they were being left by thoughtless Brits as they are cats they kindly rescued and had neutered since being here and they may have to leave because of ill health.  Luckily you have found out more about the situation.

Is there anyone else who could take one or two?  Another thing Kathy, if ever you go back soon for one reason or another, would it be possible to take some more, even group, photos?

What you have done is really appreciated.   [:)]

Christine, that's absolutely great; our little old Scottie is fitting in really well, gets on fine with the other cats and the dogs and is really affectionate. Teddy was chipped yesterday and is starting to put on weight and is also fitting in really well.

We could probably squeeze in another one but we go away for a week this Saturday and it wouldn't be fair on anybody to just bring him here and dump him with all the other pussies and just someone coming in a couple of times a day to feed him.

Do you happen to know anybody who could foster one for a week or so?

The Mornac shelter very kindly took in five yesterday and I took the five very oldies.

Another kind person who contacted me should be collecting Thomas on Monday.

Kathy the generous would like to take Tiggy on top of those she has already offered a loving home to, but needs someone to foster him while she is away for a week from tomorrow.

There should also be a home for Patchy.

This leaves the very pretty Primrose urgently in need of a home.  These cats are really all so sweet natured, is there someone who could care for the soft Primrose who is spayed and eight years old?