Brian the cat urgently needs a loving home (Lot, Cahors)

Brian wandered into our lives 2 months ago when he appeared one night hungry, scrawny, ill and seemingly abandoned. We took him to the vet who gave him antibiotics and we have nursed him back to good health.

Sadley our existing siamese Mona has not been so welcoming and refuses point blank to accept him and so we are now faced with two cats disputing the territory. Distressing for both I am sure. So we are regretfully but urgently seeking a loving home for Brian.

Brian is a beautiful young ginger tom, approximately 7 months old. We have had him sterilised and he is up to date with his flea, tick and worm treatments. He is house trained and happy to live inside or outside. He likes to catch mice. He is very sociable and very friendly to all other cats... he's great friends with the neighbours cat who apparently doesn't normally like other cats. He loves to follow you everywhere. He purrs constantly, loves cuddles, and has a lovely temperament. I only wish we could keep him.

We are now desperate to find him a loving home. We live near Castlenau Montratier in the Lot (not far from Cahors). I'm happy to drive up to an hour to deliver him if that helps. If you could give Brian the love and affection he deserves please call me.

To see pictures of Brian just scroll down.....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[IMG]http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee368/Roquefas/Brian/DSC_33613640x429400x268.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee368/Roquefas/Brian/DSC_3393400x268.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee368/Roquefas/Brian/DSC_3394400x268.jpg[/IMG]

He's gorgeous.

Sue

Thanks so much for doing this for me. That's so kind.

Yes he really is gorgeous and I am so sad to have to give him up but Mona our siamese was here first. She too was an abandoned cat who adopted us and she took a long time to settle and gain confidence.

He is so sweet and loving so I am really desperate to find a loving home for him.

kind regards Linda

What a handsome cat Linda.  Unfortunately we recently took in a male stray ourselves or I would have him!!  But I have passed this post on to someone I know who has cat contacts and might know of someone for him - we are in Cahors, so not far from you.  Have you tried posting a notice on the vet's notice board in Castelnau Montratier?  She might know someone for him?

Is he vaccinated by the way?

Good luck!

Jouals

Hi Jouals

Thanks for the advice. I shall do that at Castlenau & Lauzerte where I normally go. I had him neutered but I was waiting to see what would happen with Mona before I did anything else as I have very limited means. Luckily Les Amis des Chats helped with the cost of neutering as he was a stray. Is your contact Sue at St Pantaleon?

Thanks for helping as I really would like him to go to a good loving home.

kindest regards

Linda

Hi Pads I've just realised that you are from an organisation so the answers will probably interest more people.

Brian doesn't have a pet passport

I will come back on how he is with dogs once I have tested him out with my friends cat friendly dogs

regards

Linda

Hi Im not with the above org just found it with the same name as me and thought I would give it a push .....

I was asking for my self but he would need a pass port as im only in France part time at the moment and travel back and forth with my cat and dog and thought I could squeeze one more in ..... as he looked very much like a cat I lost recently and touched my heart ....shame the 21 days passport hasnt kicked in yet ....

Oh that is such a shame as he is lovely and it is so sad to see his little face at the window and not be able to let him in.....or suffer cat wars and two traumatised kitties :/

Are you going back soon? I have had him castrated and treated for an infected abscess but my financial situation means I really can't afford to do more.

kindest regards

Just as a matter of interest, how far would delivered locally be? My brother lives near Bordeaux, but before I tell him about Brian, who is about 3 and a half hours I think from him, it would be handy to know if they could be met somewhere on the way. No promises but he lost his cat at the beginning of the year ( old age ), and I think he might be ready for another.