HELP !!!!

A very brave person [6] has left a kitten , in a box, in my garden .. AGed about 10 days... absolutely adorable.

Tonight I'm feeding him with special milk and a cat bottle someone from my village gave me, but what can I do tomorrow ?? I need to go to work.

Would the vet have him?

HELLLLPPPP 

I wonder what the vet will say..Maybe the spa has some " feeding persons" ( nourrisseurs/nourisseuses in French)..

I can't keep him, as I'm away from home for instance tomorrow til 6 pm, etc, and I have a big dog who's not very keen on cats. ( except ours , who was here before him..)

Could any of you have him; feed him? I'll manage to help have him adopted by a family afterwards of course !!)

Actually my very nice next door neighbour has taken him for the night , as my dogs kept barking , hearing the cat scream..

But she's also a teacher, and she has to go to work as well tmrw.. I'm going to get him back at 7.30......

What do you think the vet will say ?  Put him to sleep ???????

Well, mon bon coeur me perdra as my mum would say, as I 'm currently feeding the kitten from a cat bottle, I am VERY tired, as I am back to work.

Some days have been epic.. Took the kitten to work , left him in the car in his box ... ( It was a grey day, not hot, and windows slightly open), in order to be able to feed him at break time...

It's difficult not to get attached to him, as he's a sweetheart, purring so loud for his size.. and those big blue eyes...

But I have to find a good family for him..

Anyone interested ? ( when he is more than 2 months old ? ( he'll be 3 weeks on tuesday..)

Merci Christine .. [:)]

Time for bed now, after the last biberon...

I watched TV tonight, with " him" purring in my neck . He loves my hair... it keeps him warm .

I ve had him for a week, it has been very tiring, but at the same time, it is fulfilling.

If only I could have found him when I was on hols, it would have been much easier.

For the moment I call him " tsé Toung" ( Miou Tsé Toung [:D] )

[:D] Off to bed, with Tsé Toung next to the bed, in his box full of warm clothes, and a hot bottle.. [:)]

I'll give you news. [kiss]

He is a real cutie (he looks a lot like our Felix) and you are a complete star for taking such good care of him.  I know nothing of hand-rearing kittens, but won't he be big enough soon to start lapping soon?  If I wasn't on the other side of the country, I would happily volunteer for the day shift (I'm at home in the day) - is there a neighbour who might be able to take over once in a while to give you a break - a sort of kitten Mamie?

Bon courage ma soeur - hope you can feel the goodwill emanating from the Vosges!

[quote user="Frenchie"]I gathered information from the internet ,and I'm trying to do the best I can for him. [/quote]

Although as Christine says it is not easy to bottle-feed a little one I think success or failure depends on the kitten. A long, long time ago I was presented with a very young kitten whose mum had been run over, I managed to feed him every two hours using a 'dropper' filled with warm cow's milk and he thrived but I feel that we were lucky. He lived with us until he was almost 19!

Considering that you have to go to work and I didn't work I think you are doing brilliantly; it is not easy but keep up the good work.

Sue

Lots of us are watching this thread anxiously, but are too far away to be of any help.  I feel for you as any loss of sleep has me working at only about 10% efficiency.  Hopefully each day will get a little easier?  Hope you can find someone to take over the odd feed and give you a break.

Good luck!

Chrissie (81)

Thanks so much for your warm messages of support.

I really do appreciate!

Yes, I'm very tired, but I'm trying to cope, and my " baby" is doing well. He has changed so much already..

What he loves more than anything is being on my shoulder, in my hair ( I have long hair) , he can purr for hours !

But it is not easy to do the housechores with a kitten on your shoulder !! [:)]

No one can help me around here, except my lovely son, when he is home . ( He's 17 and going to high school. )

When I came back from work at 6.15 pm last night, I was thinking I'd find a hungry kitten, but .. he was on my son's shoulder, purring.. his little tummy full of warm milk ! [:)]

But my son's away all day so he can't help much, and I want him to sleep well at night, as he is in 1ere, and needs to be fully awake to study !

The kitten is a real cutie, I will post pictures this PM .

I also have a few questions about how to deal with his evolution, maybe some of you will be able to answer .

Talk to you this PM .

You are wonderful preople, and your support, even if virtual, means a lot !

Régine, surrogate mother [:D]

PS : I currently have two dogs and two cats.

News, to let you know the kitten is doing really well, he is now playful,  eats tiny biscuits, and still milk from the bottle..

He is cute and sweet, just adorable !!

I 'll try and add some new pics later on, but photobucket doesn't seem to work this afternoon.. [:(]

I'm glad I could help him survive !

Well done, Frenchie - I'm sure he'll reward you suitably.  Our little stray (a skeleton on legs who appeared at our windown one morning when Mr C opened the shutters) who adopted us about 18 months ago will hardly let Mr C out of her sight and squeeks at him whenever she sees him.  She is now big and strong and looking a bit of a tub these days so it can really be worth it.

My, he's a cutie too.  Aw....