Urgent for another gorgeous Golden Retriever

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/Bechamel/Timo-1.jpg[/IMG]

Timo was born in February 2002 and came from a breeder.  He was later abandoned by his first owner and rescued several years ago by his present mistress.  For personal reasons she has to return to the UK next Thursday (24th November) in temporary accommodation where pets are not allowed.

The lovely Timo has nowhere to go, yet he is a rare, gentle, beautiful, loving companion.  He must not be let down again, he really doesn't deserve it.  He is sweet with everyone, including cats.

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/Bechamel/169030_10150173228272678_568602677_8701345_5990359_n.jpg[/IMG]

I thought I had a home for him with someone who contacted me for a senior Golden Retriever following my ad for the lucky Romeo, but they do not seem to be following up.

Is there anyone who can keep this special dog happy?

He is near Vasles in the Deux-Sèvres.

We were lucky enough to have Romeo (aged 11) come to live with us in August and have never regretted it for a minute - he is such a lovely dog and is just typical of the breed.  If anyone can find it in their heart to take Timo I am sure they will never regret it; surely he deserves a good home where he can be secure for the rest of his life.

• 1 month later...
Hi there - only just found your message having moved to France permanently now (previously just used the house for holidays). AM I too late for Timo? He looks like our cup of tea, but need to meet him. We're in Normandy and I haven't yet looked at a map to find out where you are? Please advise.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I am looking for a golden to adopt and found your post. While this beauty has found a happy home I was wondering if you had some advice for me on finding other Golden's that need a home. I have a 3.5 year old son so a puppy (at least a non house trained one !) isn't really an option for me. We are in Toulon in the south of France. I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have. (Bilingual house so French speaking Goldie's are welcome too.) Thanks so much.

Ortie

Sorry for the delay in replying.  Still trying to catch up with everything after being without internet or phone for nearly a month after the mid-december gale!

I don't know of any others right now Ortie, but have found a site for Golden Retrievers.  Maybe you could let them know you are looking for one.

http://www.le-golden-retriever-le-forum.com/f45-adoptions-et-dons

Have you tried the refuges in your département?

Refuges Var