Doggie Day Care

Hi. I shall be moving to the Savoie at the end of October with my friendly rescue dogs, to an ideal house with an acre of fenced garden with no neighbours. Previous French resident for 14 yrs when I ran a very successful non profit rescue association called Doglinks, I'm thinking of offering 'doggie day care' once the dogs are settled. I will not take on any more dogs or become involved in rescue again, as the stress last time was just overwhelming, but given my lovely new rural, dog friendly surroundings, I did wonder about offering this service. People returning to work who have dogs they don't want to leave alone all day, or if there is a problem with hospitalisation etc etc. I must stress this will not be a registered Kennels but a home environment where the dogs will be in the house with us. So I am just testing the waters to see if dog minded people on this forum think this might be a useful thing to do, or maybe are already doing it and have feedback? I shall be in the Chambery zone but out in the sticks in rolling countryside. Cheers all and thanks for reading.

Hello,

We have used a similar set up in the past for one of our dogs. Dogs looked after and kept in the home and garden. Always needed to check vaccination certificates etc

They are always very busy with clients from Britain, France etc. They also do a pick up service if necessary. This is in the Limousin.

You will already have experience and be familiar with the admin. I recall that they couldn't have more than 9 dogs without needing "paperwork" of some description.

I would have thought that it should do well once established. Regards.

PS my dog sitters have now expanded as were so busy, they have some Kennels also now.