Anyone recommend kennels in the Vendee?

Jooles

We have to go back to the UK for Christmas, but unfortunately, our poor pooch is unable to come with us - so I am looking for a boarding kennels in the Vendee (preferably somewhere between Pouzauges, Chantonnay and Les Herbiers) - although I know it is a long shot.  Am planning to visit the Vets today to ask them, but thought I would l check here, just in case anyone knew of one.

Many thanks

Jooles

Do you need to be local (I assume to yourselves) as, if you are e.g. driving to a Channel Port that which might then allow you to use a kennel along your drive (if you can take your dog in the car with you on your way to a ferry).

Crtainly in my area (not local to you nor on a drive to a Channel Port), I've foubd the Yellow Pages does not seem to list many kennels (unlike in the UK where there seemed to be loads listed).

[quote]Do you need to be local (I assume to yourselves) as, if you are e.g. driving to a Channel Port that which might then allow you to use a kennel along your drive (if you can take your dog in the car wit...[/quote]

I was looking for somewhere local based on the fact that it would be far less traumatic for our dog to have a short journey before being left, rather than a long one and then be left....   I tried various terms looking on the internet, Chenil, Pension etc... but luckily the forum seems to have come up trumps as the kennels which have been recommended are only a short drive from us - but thank you for your suggestions.

Regards

Jooles