KITTENS FOUND IN DUSTBIN

Cat WomanCatWoman

I have five beautiful jet black kittens urgently seeking a loving home.  They are about 1 month old and are absolutely adorable. My husband and I found them dumped in our local dustbins on Saturday morning when we were disposing of our rubbish.  They were cold, very weak and extremely hungry and close to death, being animal lovers we couldn't possibly leave them there to end their days.  They are now all bright eyed and getting fat tummies but need another home to go to.  We cannot keep them as we already have six cats ourselves and cannot possibly keep more in our small house.  If you can help us out please give me a call on 0233 30 08 13 (Champsecret, Orne 61) and we would be eternally grateful.  Go on ring the number - you know you want to!!!!!

Just a short update.  The kittens are doing very well and are all really healthy and desperately seaching for a new loving home. They have had a visit to the vets and have now been fully protected agains fleas, ticks and have been wormed, all items bought from the vet. They love cuddles and lots of attention and are just waiting for those calls. Come on you kind hearted folk give me a call and adopt a little friend.

• 2 weeks later...
Well its been three weeks now since I have had the kittens posted all over the web sites.  There has been a lot of people reading the threads, literally hundreds but, no phone calls for loving homes. Come on you guys surely somebody would like a lovely kitten or two that is going to catch all those mice for you!!! Go on pick up the phone and give me a call and make me and the kitties smile

I really wish I could help you Catwoman, but we don't move to 61 for a few months.  I hope you find homes for them soon, I can't believe anyone could dump any animals in a dustbin, although sadly I know it happens.  Good on you for rescuing them.  Please post any progress, I for one would be interested.  Good luck!

SJF

Now that you have them, please do everthing you can in your local area to house them.

We found a cat, starving, emaciated, batteered, about 2 weeks ago. I thought it was pregnant at the time, but it now seems it had had the kittens, and then been dumped. This cat is now mine, who knows what happened to the chattons?

Thanks to you all for the kind words of support.  I will keep you all posted via this site on the progress with the kittens.  They will stay with me without a doubt until I do find them good homes.  Friends have been wonderful bringing me tins of cat food to help with my growing food bill!!! and an English neighbour bought me a larger litter tray and a furry igloo with another friend donating tins of food and a further furry igloo.  Thanks to them all for their support.  You're wonderful. To DavidH(99) - I would be interested to know what you read elsewhere earlier today! for maybe a home for one of the kittens.

Catwoman

Through another forum, I suggested that a lady who was looking for a cat should look at your posts.
You have already sent her a private email and the lady concerned has stated within that forum that she would contact you.
Hopefully she will have done so.

Catwoman

I'm a catperson too and I only wish I could help. I once had 40 cats.  No, not kidding- truly 40.  So I know how much they must be costing.  Unfortunately I'm on the other side of hte world right now but I will be moving to France permanently next March .  I'll line up for any that are left.

Coral

Keeping this to the top! Catwoman I'm back on again after a long absence - hope the kittens soon will all be in loving homes - just as loving as the home you gave to the two kittens who were thrown in our garden!

This lady is one of the very best, has the two lovely kittens and now trying to find homes for more.

I've intended to send you a card and an email and will do so in a day or two - landlord has been around and we're trying to wheedle a shed out of him, particularly as the rent has increased!

So, come on decent and animal loving Brits, Germans, Dutch, Americans - give the last kittens a home and have your lives immeasurably improved and your blood pressure lowered. Stroking cats lowers blood pressure, a proven fact.

Julia near Redon

Catwoman,

Would love to help, especially as we are only about half an hour away from you, but am already looking after 11 kittens and numerous adult cats in addition to our own 7.

The very best of luck!!

Perhaps we could compare notes sometime.

Judie

• 1 month later...