Update - My dog HAD piroplasmosis!

Maddie

Hi everyone.  Just thought I'd let you know C*o*c*o is now okay.  When to vet yesterday for check up and final jab.

A cautionary tale - keep a close eye on your dogs, look out for any unusual behaviour, keep using the tick treatments, groom regularly!  Any doubts whatsoever, GET TO THE VETS ASAP!  They would rather you were safe than sorry!

That is great news Maddogwoman!  So happy to hear your dog has fully recovered.

A lesson learned by me as well. I removed many ticks from both of my dogs last summer. I had always heard the best way to remove a tick was to use a match just blown out and touch the tick with it to remove. I did this each time but left the head in each time I did (including once on myself!). After reading your post I will definitely be more diligent and try and find one of the tools you mention to remove them in the future.

Here in 24 I first found the tool, called "tire-tic" in a pharmacie (where they are usually not on display, you have to ask); they are now available from my vet and I've seen the odd one in garden centres or similar too.

So pleased to hear******o is now well, it's horrible when they are unwell, especially when you don't know to comfort them, (I don't know about******o, But Oscar didn't even want to be touched) He too is now 'onform' he is actually headbutting the keyboard as I type! Back to his old self!