Does such a thing exist here in France?

Maddie

In the UK I took my labrador to see a McTimoney Chiropractor (www.yourchiropractor.co.uk).  She damaged her right hock joint when she was five months old and was lame for months and months afterwards.  I did not want to have to treat her with painkilers forever so I took her to a chiropractor (after consulting my vet first who gave the go ahead).  After 4 treatments (a combination of massage and very gentle manipulation) she was fine.  I took her back once evey 6 months for a tweak and check up (her right hind leg bone did not form properly after the accident and she sometimes has a bit of a crab like run which puts her back out of line).  She's not been lame since but I would like to see if there is such a thing here as we now do agility and it seems to me by far the easiest way of making sure that her joints and skeleton stay in good shape.

Can anyone help?

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

I've posted a reply two days ago but it seems to have disappeared. Anyway, the short answer is 'No'. However.....I've got a friend who is a McTimoney (she used to be one of the instructors at the college) and she visits me once or twice a year to treat all the 4-legged family members and some of the 2-legged as well. I have also succeeded to convince some of the local horsey-community to have their horses treated and we always have lots of people to see when she's here. Her next visit will be towards the end of March and you could always come over with your dog and have it treated, if you are not too far away from me.