Wanted: Puppy / Puppies!

fledermaus

Does anyone have a bitch with puppies on the way or recently born in SW France? (Or know of someone in this situation) We are looking for a puppy, must be large dog, preferably alsatian/something etc cross, but any large breed would be fine, must be from parents with known good temperament, as there will be young children around. We would be able to take the puppy from end of July/beginning of August.

Also looking for a small puppy - terrier, jack russell - or similar, other details as above.

We will provide a loving, family home!

I would try the Rescue Centres and see if you can find anything suitable. Rescue centres probably will not have many puppies. Also, finding accurate background on a dog may not be easy (nothing to do with rescue organisations, but rather the previous owners – at least that can happen in the UK).

There are loads of e.g. German Shepard breeders around. Let me know suitable departments you can get to and I will send you a list of those who have had pups recently. When I was looking for my Border Collie in France, I phoned some breeders who had none but knew of somebody else, who knew of somebody else, etc. – and I found a great little dog.

Ian

I too think the SPA is a great idea.

If you don't have luck with that, we found a spectacular collie breeder at Frontignan Plage. We purchased the greatest dog we have ever owned from her. He was 8 weeks old at the time. He is 3 years now. If you would like to contact her, let me know and I will give you her email.

Thanks all for the advice and info!

We will take a look at the rescue option, the only problem is we would prefer a young dog, as they will have to get used to other animals, dogs and children.

Ian, we are in North of 32, so 31, 40, and 47 are all possible. The only issue is we can't afford to spend hundreds of euros, are the breeders expensive do you know?

ThankYou!

Our neighbour's dog has given birth to labrador cross puppies. They are now about ten days old.

We know the parentage of these puppies as the father is also a near neighbour's pet. This particular dog has a wonderful temperament. The mother too is good-natured.

There are four males and two females. All, so far, are golden coloured like their parents. I have no idea whether they have secured homes for any of them to date.

Teejay (departement 16)