Lovely English Bull Terrier...

Christine Animal

please let me know if you manage to get this dog re-homed.  I am the proud owner of a brindle 2 year old male english bull terrier and i have been trying to convince my husband we would be good candidates but unfortunately he thinks they might fight having bred them and had them for years and he would hate to see that!!!  Sorry i wasn't more helpful but i am feeling rather sad now.  ours also sleeps in a cage as he ate EVERYTHING as a pup and my hubbie said it wouldn't be fair if the other one isn't in a cage too!!!  

Thank you for you interest Cary.  This one doesn't eat things, he is very well behaved.  That's a good idea to train them with a cage or a large travel box so they cannot damage anything.  As long as it is treated as their bed, they take to it and go in it on their own and do not consider it as a punishment.  It becomes their little "den" and you just have to shut the door when you go out.

They are lovely dogs.  Serge Gainsbourg had one!

I know this does not help but Eric Clapton also used to have one.

For our part we have a wonderful but now old Staffie together with a Bassett, a Heinz, Thomas the cat and some chickens for my wife.

I truly would love to help so would my wife but the Staffie is the love of our lives has been a wonderful pet and needs to spend the rest of her life just passing the time away very quietly in our garden.

As I said no help but I really wish I could help for whilst I have owned Bassets for over 40 years Staffies and English are really lovely and devoted animals.