Exact documents for travel back to UK?

chilly

Can anyone tell me the exact documents that i will need when i cross over from Le Havre to Newhaven with our dog next month...(yes LD Lines are no able to process dogs at Newhaven...hoorah!)

I wanted to double check so as to avoid any heartbreak should I inadvertantly forget something.

I have her jabs all up to date and to prove it have the pink A4 papers from the French vets here.(Cert de vaccination antirabique de rappel).

I've made an appointment for her 24 hours before we travel to have her 'wormed' and her frontline done...

is there anything else?

C

Oh dear Chilly ![:(]

If you do not have the pets passport you will no be able to travel with your dog.

This takes about 6months to get. After all ther blood tests etc.

I hope the PM you have been sent gives you all the details you need.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

dogwood

Oh, I'm so sorry, I have explained myself really badly! (not the first time); I do have her pet passport and have had since we came over here over 3 years ago..Just wanted to triple check that nothing had changed in the past 2 years since we took her back to UK for a visit.Thanks though dogwood for your heartfelt response, you can rest easy now!

C

Hi Chilly

Thank god! [:)] When I read your post I thought Oh no [8-)].

Ok,  If you have the passport and and the rabies jabs are uptodate and marked in the passport then you are fine.

As you already know the treatment for tick and worm has to be done 24 to 48 hrs before you cross. and marked in the passport with the time and date of treatment.

I went back a couple of months ago and nothing has changed. So good luck and have a safe journey.

Sorry for the missunderstanding

Dogwood

Dogwood

you seem to imply from your answers that the pets passport is reliant on the Rabies blood test - which it is not.

A pet passport can be issued immediately after vaccination by a vet and can be used 21 days thereafter.  It is valid (amongst others) for travel between all EU countries EXCEPT the UK, where it only become valid in conjunction with a blood test for rabies antibodies that is positive and is at least 6 months old.  Rabies renewals have also to be kept totally up to date or the blood test becomes invalid for travel.

Chilly is fine since she has already been back to the UK with her pet, but others reading this thread may be misled by your comments.

• 3 weeks later...
There is only one document needed for travel from France to the UK. The blue EU Pets Passport. 

It must:

• be up to date with a valid rabies jab,
  • show details of the blood test being taken and the results,

• show that at least six months has elapsed since the date of the blood test,

• have no gaps in the validity of the rabies jab since the date of the blood test,
  • show details of the flea tick and worm treatment that must have been administered between 24 and 48 hours prior to travel (scheduled departure time).
All entries must be certified and stamped by a vet.

For travel from the UK to France only the first bullet point above applies.

Hi Andy

I have only just seen your post..[:@]

I am quite happy with my answer to the original question [geek]

I said it takes about 6 months to get a passport. I meant the process of be able to return to the UK with a pet if you have no pets passport yet.

If you have no pets passport then they have to go into quarantine kennels and they must have up to date vacinations, if you decided to return before the 6 months, then again they must go into quarantine kennels until the passport is valid.