Concrete encrusted kittens?

Cat

\/ Our neighbours have gone off on their holidays, and at lunchtime today I found their tiny kitten howling at our door.  Unfortunately we poured the concrete for the plage of our swimming pool this morning, and minou had obviously been paddling in it. Her little paws were covered in it.  I washed as much as I could off, but she's had a fair go at washing herself as well.

Is concrete2122q"£ poisonous for animals?  Minou would like to know.  She's sitting on my knees (and occasionally the keyboard, so please excuse her efforts)  as I type this, purring like a demented wild thing and chewing everything in site.

Can't guarantee it, but I don't think so.   When we got our kitten, in UK, OH was building an extension to our house, and kitten used to spend whole time either sitting next to the grinder (covered in god knows what), and on more than one occasion either walked over newly laid concrete (sweet little footprints there to remind us for sometime), and also once actually jumped into concrete mixer (thankfully not on, and not 'full').   We used to wash him down as much as we could, and then he would do the rest himself.

He seems to have a bit of a taste for it, because I once again found the tell-tale footprints in newly laid concrete here in France, then had to go looking for him to 'do the necessary' but he seemed to have cleaned himself up.

Of course, I am sure it is not to be recommended, but I doubt it will do him much harm, if you have removed as much as you can before it dries up.

I should add, to anyone who thinks we are monsters, that OH did make strenuous efforts to keep kitten away from his building work, but he was a bit of a Houdini.   Still likes to sit next to the grinder when its on and comes in to show me how he has turned from a black cat to a white one within minutes !

[quote user="Cat"]

\/ Our neighbours have gone off on their holidays, and at lunchtime today I found their tiny kitten howling at our door.  Unfortunately we poured the concrete for the plage of our swimming pool this morning, and minou had obviously been paddling in it. Her little paws were covered in it.  I washed as much as I could off, but she's had a fair go at washing herself as well.

Is concrete2122q"£ poisonous for animals?  Minou would like to know.  She's sitting on my knees (and occasionally the keyboard, so please excuse her efforts)  as I type this, purring like a demented wild thing and chewing everything in site.

[/quote]

Dick Smith would be able to answer as, he is an Intelligent litlle kitten!

Cat,  Can't believe your neighbours have gone off on holiday and left a kitten.  Has it to fend for itself now while they are sunning themselves wherever?????  If so, wouldn't mind encasing them in concrete!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope the little thing is okay - Thanks to you looking out for it.

I know the owners very well, and was surprised to find their kittens (yes, there are two of them) crying outside the house.  I've tried feeding them, but they don't seem very hungry, so I suspect that someone has been entrusted with going in and feeding them every day.  Our neighbours get back tonight, I think it was just company that the kitties were craving.