Dog agility equipment

Magnolia

Does anyone know where I can buy some dog agility equipment? I live in dept 17 but am not too far from Bordeaux, Angouleme, Saintes etc etc. I don't particularly want to buy on-line until i've seen equipment to get an idea of price, quality etc. I don't want to go to classes because it's about building confidence in one of my dogs who's a year old and has the attention span of a goldfish. Also, he is still terrified of people and would cause him too much stress at the moment. Once he's learnt the basics I will then introduce him to classes so he can interact with people and their dogs knowing that he's doing something he feels confident with.

Any ideas?

It is very easy to make your own.  I made a load a couple of years ago – no up to club standard but

great for a bit of practice in the garden.

Keep your eye’s open with the Royal Canin 15 Kg sacks of

food as occasionally they give away a short rigid tunnel as a “gift” (I have

also seen these for sale relatively cheaply in Jardiland (occasionally).

There is a book you can buy “How to build your own agility

equipment” – which I found not very helpful. 

Official heights and measurements of obstacles can be found

http://www.dogsport.ru/zadmin_data/paragraph.file_en/629/IFCS_Rules_Revised_July_2002.doc

or http://www.ukagility.com/Downloads/UKARegulations.pdf.  Of course you may be able to simplify your

own ones if all your dogs are the same Class.

Ian

Thanks Guys

I'd like to have a go at making my own Ian but i'm pants at anything practical - more like big, BIG PANTS! Actually, it's more to do with my lack of patience. I have none. I'm like one of those kids that kicks their bike when they can't ride it without the stabilizers the first time that they try. I'd get my husband to do it for me but he's a busy chap.

I'll have a look at the site Mossie. From other sites that i've perused i've been amazed at the prices [:'(] Quite expensive i'd say.

Anyway, i'll let you know how I get on [:D]

Why not get a local carpender to make some , most be cheaper than buying, get some pics of what you want and show him. We made a couple of things our selves for our dogs that where easy to make , eg a jump a see-saw and put bendy poles in the ground for weaving in amd out.