Labrador/Hair

Frenchie

I have a wonderful dog called Shadow, a white labrador, he s absolutely gorgeous but.. yeah.. there's a but.. he loses his hair SO MUCH you would not believe it.. I have to hoover every day of course, but it s unbelievable..

I know it is typical of labradors, not only in spring but all year long..

Has any of you found a solution ( someone had told me to add some oil to his food... the result was .. no change at all..)

Any idea?

[IMG]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/regine79/Shadow062007.jpg[/IMG]

Beautiful dogs Steve!

I wish I could have a second one! I just love them, but not enough room, garden too small, etc..

My dog is still a bit boisterous , he LOVES playing with other dogs, h would be so happy... But I can't ( especially because vet costs are so high..)

As for the hair, it seems it will remain same old, same old... [Www]

[IMG]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/regine79/shad3mois.jpg[/IMG]  Shadow 3 months old...  so cute you forgive the hair pb.... [:)] 

Christine, j ai vu qu'il y avait recemment des labs en danger au refuge de Niort... Ils sont où à présent??? Un d entre eux ressemblai t tant à mon Shadow, j'ai eu envie de courir le chercher !!!! ( sorry slightly off topic..)

quote woolybanana'sbrother"  hoover dog?

You've got to catch them first!!! I've got 4 labs and three of them run a mile when I get the hoover out!! The other one loves being hoovered but she's the one who tend not to shed hair all year round.

Can someone also answer the question of why Labs HATE clean water (again they run a mile when the hose is out and won't approach the pool) but when they find a nice muddy pond - IN THEY GO!

[:-))]

wot! try keeping mine away from ANY water, be it green and slimey (Lolas fav!) or crystal clear like a customers pool for example........Lola does not like the hose (she used to roll in fox poo just after we had her, a cold water hose bath everytime she did it soon cured her) Cassy loves it! They even get to shower with Dawn once or twice a year! They both enjoy the hairdryer after their walk if its raining though......

I think Labs are terriffic - my 2 get very excited when the shotgun comes out, but run a mile if it goes BANG! Bless :) Best go see if there is any room on the sofa for a human :)

Steve

STEVE!!!! How is Cassy? We still have her sister Doris and her mum Cally - although Cally hasn't been too well recently. She has arthritis but is better since we've put her on glucosamine tablets.

Doris had pups 3 years ago and we kept 2 of them [:D]

Cassy's dad died 3 years ago - very suddenly from acute kidney failure - it was heartbreaking [:(]

she is lurverly! Best doggy a man could want - Never naughty or bad, a real princess! When she was a few months old she got squashed by a Japanese Akita of the same age (they were playing)- obviously a big difference in size - unfortunatly it snapped a tendon in one of her back legs so she is on Agilium tablets to help promote the growth - seems to work and she only has a problem if she does too much running about (which isnt very often!) She plays all the time with Lola but she is carefull not to twist it. (she bounces a lot though!)

Shame about her dad, any idea what caused it? Glad Doris had pups! I am trying to get Dawn to let me have another, but fighting a loosing battle, unless Doris has another lot!

Good to hear from you, hope all is well with the family

Steve & Dawn

Frenchie I have the same problem with my dalmation.... I take her out side every few days and wearing rubber gloves I stroke her like mad over and over , this removes any lose hairs and we always leave a hugh patch of white on the lawn , but it does stop it all falling out in the house. Plus she loves it .............[:D] and the birds get to have all the hairs to line thier nest...

Pads, it i good not to be the only one to have this " pb" !

Starting tomorrow he will have a brush outside twice a day, he should love that..

Sometimes I say to my son that we could fill cushions with all those hair ..

[:D]

The vet said " breeders don't tell you that when you have the pups do they?"   [:D]

Hey folks, try having a Springer!!!  He brings in more muck and mess than both my huge hairy deerhound and the pointer put together.  At least three times a day he comes into the house wet and coated all underneath with mud (of course the pond outside doesn't help but isn't the only culprit!)  I had no idea such a little dog could bring in so much mess.  However he always looks like he has had a ball, so I just put it down to natural dog behaviour and ignore it, but it has taken some getting used to and he is only 8 months old.  I have realised that because the other two are much further from the ground, they just bring in muddy paws, not a completely slathered undercarriage.  It is simply impossible to bath him every time, I just towel him down and look the other way!!!!.  On the subject of the pointers fur though, something I find useful - I have a glove with a rubber side on the palm covered in little raised blobs which is great for running across her fur and taking out all the shed stuff.  I don't know if you can get them here but they are so effective.  It is quicker than hoovering too.  The other skill is not to get too stressed on the house cleaning front.  It is a losing battle if you have dogs and what would you rather have, a clean house or a dog.  No contest really...

But how can you say such a thing Coops !  I completely agree.   [:P]

Always have the mop espagnol handy, nothing to beat it, all the hair is gathered at the same time and hey, teach your bloomin' dogs to be clean, let them do it themselves ! 

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/Bechamel/pic29113.gif[/IMG]

Priceless, Christine! 

Having shared my home with a variety of beasties over the years (the highest score was 11 cats, 3 dogs and two ponies - well, OK, the last two never came in the house but their hair seemed to) I find them to be the perfect excuse for being the ultimate slob.  Blame the mess on them; works every time.[:D]

Fab message Christine. I'm just grateful that we've stopped running the B&B now because Joy is moulting so much it's rediculous. And all 3 dogs won't keep out of the pool so they go for a dip then come in to let me know what they've been up to, shake all over the sofa (or rub themselves against it [+o(]) then b****r off out to start the game all over again. If I had to keep my house free of muddy, wet paw prints all over the floor as well as Joy's fur I think i'd have a breakdown. I'm with the rest of you guys - ignore it [Www]

[:D]