No toiletteur

mint

Warm weather is here at last and is lovely for us humans.  But, my poor little cocker spaniel is feeling the heat. Alas, we haven't been able to find a toiletteur who does a good job and so I am going to have to cut her fur myself.

Anyone knows what sort of "tools" I'd need and what is the best way of getting the job done.  All suggestions gratefully received.

Thank you, Clair.  It's not that I can't find a toiletteur, it's that I haven't found a really good one.  The last one was only about half an hour's drive and he did a reasonable job and was very kind to my dog.  Went back last month and the toiletteur had changed and this last cut was terrible, more hair left on the animal than cut off.

I looked through the window of one in Bordeaux and he looked to be a nice kind man, rang him but he was going on holiday and anyway couldn't fit her in for nearly a month.

Anyone wanting to set up as a toiletteur?  Must be a big demand?

We bought ours in Lidl in Gemozac - but, as ever, you need to wait for them to come into stock.  Just got back yesterday and, whilst there, the dog hairdressers in Gemozac was recommended by some English dog owners who have extensive relevant experience in both countries.........

Pouyade

Thanks, Pouyade.  Might well try the toiletteur at Gemozac.  In fact, I was thinking of looking for a house around that area.  Now I might really take a run up there.

By the way, the OH went to the local Intermarche and bought a Phillips hair-cutting kit (really meant for humans).  I have been so fed up with his going on and on about the dog's hair that I have said I would try the cutter on him first and, provided that his hair looks all right after that attempt, I will cut the dog's fur!

I don't know how to put a photo on the site, so there won't be a pic.  But, if the OH looks really terrible, a photo might be a good warning to others!