James Wellbeloved Dog Food

Whatamess

Hi All

We are moving to France in the very near future with our two dogs and two cats.  [:D]

We are moving to Brittany and I was wondering if anyone knows whether James Wellbeloved dried dog food is available there?

One of our dogs has a very sensitive digestion and, although we have tried various other foods, JW is the only one that suits her and does not cause tummy upsets.

I have looked on the internet but cannot find this information out.  I know that Hills Science Plan is widely available, but she just doesn't like it. 

We are planning to bring several 15kg bags out with us but ultimately would like to be able to buy it locally if at all possible. 

She (Lizzie) is a German Shepherd x Newfoundland and when she was about four months old she ate a tube of extra strength Ibruleve Gel, which caused some damage to her stomach.  She is a bit of a wuss and I think the move will be enough change for her, without messing about with her food as well.

I would be very grateful for any information other members of the forum can give me on this one.

Many Thanks[:)]

Hello Messy

I moved to France with dogs (now down to one) and I like to give them a mixture of 2 particular brands.  I just stock up on sacks of the stuff when I go back to the UK because dried dog food is long-dated.  I managed to do this for nearly 2 years but I do drive back quite a lot and I have a large car.  So far, I haven't run out.  I know that it's silly not to move onto a French brand but, in my case, keeping a UK one has proved possible.

James Wellbeloved was bought out by Royal Canin which is widely available here and I initially had two of my dogs on that but am now changing them onto Arden Grange (in my opinion, better food, fewer additives).  I get this from an English run company based near Grenoble.  They are always very efficient.  I usually ring up one day and it arrives the next day.  Sue Lynam who runs it is also very informative.  She got into dog food because she has a dog who had loads of digestive problems, which she has now sorted out with the right food.  Have a look at their website  www.seulementnaturel.fr