Wish me luck!

Clair

I also prefer the tattoo (if not intending to travel of course, in which case they can even have both) as anyone can immediately see it's someone's cat and not a stray.  50 euros seems a bit stiff though when she's already out for the operation (a tattoo is less than a chip).  So you mean you will have to pay 150 euros in all?  Seems a lot.

By the way Graye, what a wonderful friend you have in Spain.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news!

The deed is done and Moustique (her official name) is back. The vet wanted to see her again in 10 days for the stitches, but said they would fall off anyway... It cost €125 in total (incl the ear tattoo).

She was getting very very cross on the way back and struggling to get out of the box.

I have put her in the bathroom next door (the gite) and she's out of the carrier. She seems a bit stiff in the back legs, but I suppose that's normal.

She's now tucking in some crunchy diner! She also has a dish of "meat in jelly" (her favourite), water, her usual indoor fleecy bed and a tray.

I'll let her go tomorrow if all is well.

Phew! Great relief! A stiff drink for me I think! [:D]

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and suggestions [:)]

Clair, she's a madame all right.

But you've been so persistent and you certainly deserve a glass of bubbly.  I remember you recommended Nicolas Feuilatte.  And guess what, it's on offer at Super U at £34.99 for le lot de 2!

So, cheers, ma chère Clair! [kiss]

Final update on Moustique: she's out, although not venturing far from the doorstep. She's eaten as much this morning as she usually does in two days.

Here she is, basking in the sun on her camouflage blanket:

[IMG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q296/clair46/46/DSCI0004-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q296/clair46/46/DSCI0005-1.jpg[/IMG]

Lovely pics, Clair, and that camouflage blanket is wonderful and very effective - it took me several seconds to work out where Moustique is on the top photo!

And look you can see all her stitches[:)]

My cat is monochrome, (ginger/ochre) and blends perfectly with the floor tiles. It's unfortunate, as she tends to get trodden on more than her fair share.[6]

Thank you for her Rose.

I think she deliberately plonks herself in the middle of the floor, trying to merge with it - so that she can go into lamentation mode when she gets trodden on, and gather as much sympathy and expressions of regret as possible! She just loves ANY kind of attention.

Clair, I hope Moustique is coming along by leaps and bounds (not so much as to split her sides) anyway seeing her pictures made me all broody for another cat... which did you get first, the cat or the blanket, and did you then organise a match?

The blanket came first (courtesy of M&S a few years back. Very warm it is too!).

I searched high and low for a pair of matching cushions, but could only find a matching kitten a couple of winters ago.

The fat cat (formerly from next-door) is also quite fond of the blanket, but I shoo him away from it as his colours clash (he is grey-ish)... [:D]

I cannot get rid of this image in my mind of everyone tripping on the ginger cat on the tiled floor... [:'(]

She is gorgeous!! I love her on her camouflage blanket – a picture of pure contentment!!  There is bound to be a little weeping around the wound. Ellie suffered the same problem after her leg operation & even after she pulled her own stitches out, the vet said it was ok & would heal on it's own.

Our Solomon, being grey, also suffers from a similar problem to 5E's ginger cat when lying on the grey patio flags. I am convinced though that he does it deliberately, to trip us up & is now know affectionately as the “master of booby traps”!!

[quote user="ali-cat"]

Our Solomon, being grey, also suffers from a similar problem to 5E's ginger cat when lying on the grey patio flags. I am convinced though that he does it deliberately, to trip us up & is now know affectionately as the “master of booby traps”!!

[/quote]

Don't they just? (do it deliberately)

Of course ali-cat, you and I could swap cats. Have ginger on grey, and grey on ginger, they would both be safe then! Sorted.