A new addition to our family.

Bugsy

After many months of soul-searching following the loss of our boxer Maxwell, we have finally decided to get another dog. We picked him up yesterday............14 weeks old and full of fun.

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/IMG_0477.jpg[/IMG]

Sitting on my visiting daughter.................

We are struggling on a name though, so any suggestions are welcome...........................Dylan, Frodo, Charlie have been suggested to-date.

As it is the year of the letter D - how about Duffy, Dondie, (I like Dylan too as already suggested) or Duke.

It is difficult, we have a rescue dog picked up in Swansea - of course he had to be Taffy (No offence meant to any Welsh contributors).

Suey

Well, thanks for all the suggestions.......................it was actually easier deciding names for our two daughters............[:D]

We have had a real laugh with him today..........................both our cats don't seem too pleased though, hissing and spitting whenever he approaches. They have both retired to a sofa in my 'boys' room [:D] I should add that the cats don't actually like each other that much, but are now at either end of the same sofa, enjoying a bit of peace, I guess.

It looks like Dylan is winning the name game, at the moment.

my new baby is a Westie, he came from the blue cross. We have called him Archie. He has certainly livened the place up!! Our cats are apparently the most exciting thing he has ever seen, luckily they are both laid back seen it all before types. The older dog doesn't know what's hit her yet ,they are getting on fine though. I will post a photo as soom as he sits still long enough!!

BB.  We have a Henri, a labradoodle.  We rescued him a couple of months ago through this Forum.  When we tell French people his name, they fall about laughing because the French don't seem to call their dogs "human names".

[quote user="Cathy"]

BB.  We have a Henri, a labradoodle.  We rescued him a couple of months ago through this Forum.  When we tell French people his name, they fall about laughing because the French don't seem to call their dogs "human names".

[/quote]

We were told the same thing before we moved over, but most French pet owner we have met, have given their cats & dogs "human names".  It seems to becoming a lot more popular & accepted.

[quote user="Cathy"]

[/quote]

Hi Cathy, I love those dogs, have you got a photo?.

Interestingly, regarding Henri, our french friends thought it was a great name (they knew the 'boxer' link).

Visited the vet yesterday and they all thought he was lovely. The vet who looked after our old boxer Max so brilliantly, even gave him a new toy for christmas.

Gary.

[quote user="Bugsy"]

Visited the vet yesterday and they all thought he was lovely.   [/quote]

Well I am not surprised at that; it is the expression on his face as he lies by the fire - quiet acceptance that he is in just the right place; for you and for himself. Love flows from him - it is there in volume in his eyes.

Sue